Level1techs DP 1.4 Dual Monitor KVM Issue - Getting 10-bit color and 144hz working?

Hey all, I have the Level1Techs Dual-Port KVM with DP 1.4. It was paired with DP 1.2 cables powering 2 1440p 24" monitors and worked fine, never really “pushed” the DP 1.4 bandwidth. Then I picked up the Acer Nitro XZ2 Ultrawide VA 3440x1440 monitor. It supports 144hz, but when attempting to use via a GTX 1070 with 10-bit color and 144hz enabled, the screen would go black. I then realized I needed to upgrade to some DP 1.4 cables, however now the following happens when attempting this combo:

It will randomly show perfectly square rectangles of TV static-like images/artifacts in certain corner of the monitors.

That all being said, running the same newly purchased DP 1.4 cable from the monitor to GPU works @ 10 bit 144hz no problem. Not sure what all I can do, but this does only happen when using the KVM. I am still using DP 1.2 cables for my secondary monitor… could that be linked in anyway?

Before you ask, yes, I did trace cables, and its a full DP 1.4 connection from ultrawide → KVM → GPU.

1 Like

Wild random guessing here!

But the square areas of static sound like a problem with Display Stream Compression.

It has been unused and therefore rather buggy until the latest monitors and GPUs because until 8K and 144 Hz 4K HDR and the like, there was enough bandwidth without compression.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.