Return to Level1Techs.com

Level1Techs Community Update

update

Hi all. We thought it would be good to have a small update for everyone and introduce a few new changes that have happened recently.

New Moderators

We welcome two new moderators to the team, @Big_al_tech and @wolfleben. We think they will make great additions to the team.

New Leaders

The leader role hasn’t always been made to be the most effective thing in the world, and we are hoping to give the role more life and purpose.

With that in mind we picked a small number of people to take on the leader role alongside the existing leaders who we think bring a lot to the forum and community. So say hi to our new leaders:

@catsay
@sgtawesomesauce
@oO.o
@goalkeeper
@kewldude007
@dynamic_Gravity
@Dje4321
@TJJ226_Angel
@gnif

Going forward we are going to ensure that we don’t take so long to look at new leaders again in the future. Additionally we will be looking at how leaders want to shape the role here so that they can take on a more leader like role within the community, be that running some small events, bringing new things into the community, or just being super helpful.

Forum Update

The forum has recently been updated to a 2.0 build of discourse. This has brought a number of new features to the forum.

As well as general improvements to things like search, tagging, and bug fixes a few notable changes that you can utilise are as follows:

Two factor authentication. 2FA is available in your user preferences page, this use TOTP (time based, using a phone app for example).

Edit reply type - You can change your reply type mid reply, for example if you decided your post should be a new topic, or PM rather than an existing reply.

pic

You can view more details on these changes here and here.

If you find any bugs or have issues with the forum, remember to report them here https://forum.level1techs.com/c/l1techs/Bug-report

Forum Wiki

You’ll have noticed the sidebar in the forum in the last few weeks. This is part of a look at making a wiki like section of the forum for people to make and share their guides, tutorials, and information without it getting lost in the noise.

How this goes we will see over the next little bit of time, but for some general information see the following pages.

Wiki Category

Wiki Meta Talk - General meta talk about the wiki or wiki articles.

About the Wikis

Feed back is welcome on how you think we could improve it or how you’d like to see it, feel free to comment in the meta talk page.

Miscellaneous

You can see some existing features and plugin information here: New and Existing Forum Features 2017

You can find information about the L1 patreon, store, community discord, and [email protected] team here: L1T Patreon, Store, Discord, [email protected] Info [Updated]

Edit: Tiny extra update. The server category has been adjusted so most people can see it (TL1 or above). Listed are peoples game servers and such that community members are running. You can add your own here if you’d like to run one or have one.

https://forum.level1techs.com/c/l1servers

We should have a Wiki

download

I wonder if there is a way for users to make their own themes for the site?
and welcome to the new mods :wave: your entry trials will begin soon :wink:

Yay Eden thanks so much!! Level1 love you (and everyone) long time.

Feels good to be part of the 1% :smiley:

/s

That’s a shame.

Congrats @wolfleben and @Big_Al_Tech!

Mmmm yes, right on schedule

Would leave it as is, except the color of official posts! The blue there is very harsh imo.

I’m filing an official complaint.

I know some you on the forum know me from my actions as a leader. I will continue to help the forum out. As a mod, I’ll behave myself just like I did as leader. All flags I handle will be judged and handled according to the rules we have. If I’m not certain, I will always speak with the other mods on what to do.

Seriously… No Judge Dredd reference though!?
:slight_smile:

Just an extra update (see top post or this one)

Edit: Tiny extra update. The server category has been adjusted so most people can see it (TL1 or above). Listed are peoples game servers and such that community members are running. You can add your own here if you’d like to run one or have one.

https://forum.level1techs.com/c/l1servers

What is the purpose of the leader role? Do they have super powers on the forum?

@Goalkeeper is the best

Leaders can edit other users posts, view other peoples edits, close threads and unlist threads, as well as move posts to other/new threads. And we can turn posts into wikis.

EDIT: so for example… And please do not report me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Next Q, difference between a mod and leader.
I know I’ve been here for a bit and should know these things but I don’t pay attention in class.

I believe mods are in charge of bans and can hand out badges. There may be more to this tho.

This sounds like me.

Full list of things