Level1SpaceTechs (astronomy)

actually 3.8 centimeters per year

sorry i take my 5m back. shouldn't it also speed up over time?

maybe, but it'll take earth and the moon 50 billion years to tidally lock. that's 45 billion year after the sun goes red giant and humanity (hopefully) is no longer just on earth. so im guessing it's gona slow over time.

mean we've gotta blow it up before any of it, in couple years.

That rocket reminds me of one of the final episodes of Mythbusters. Adam tried making rocket fuel from gummy bears and it worked but not very well. Meanwhile Jamie had a brilliant and disgusting idea that he developed in secret.

Right now NASA deals with shit by ejecting frozen poopsicles into orbit. Jamie collected, dried, processed and recycled his dog's poop into rocket fuel and it worked really well. And yes, it was smelly and gross.

Imagine a long term space voyage. Everything has to be recycled with zero waste if possible. If we can produce rocket fuel from feces, why not?

1 Like

whoa

2 Likes

Reminds me of the TV series Jericho.

1 Like

never watched it but i heard it was great and everyone is upset that they didnt do more seasons. no worries tho computers will fix that in the future

1 Like

I actually built one of these, now I'm waiting for all the 360 degree VR content to play in the dome as well...

http://www.lss-planetariums.info/index.php?lang=en&menu=projector&page=projector

1 Like

ring system 200 times bigger than saturn

1 Like

not astronomy...but relevant to space tech

also has anyone been watching the NATGEO Mars show? What are your thoughts?
It's ok on one hand but super dumb in spots on the other

1 Like

Why you got to bring up old memories.....

Rest in peace sweet prince of future to come

What happens when someone does something really stupid, like point Chandra at Pluto. Something anyone who has read an astronomy book would know is a waste of time. I Like Stupid :)

xrays.......

1 Like

I think of him as a big brother that looks out for us, not a bully.

That's the ISS, but it does kind of look like a TIE.

I always thought we were in the Outer Rim, but this map makes it look like Mid Rim.

1 Like

Coldest spot in solar system
Has volcanoes
Not visited since 1989

1 Like
2 Likes

Hmm wonder how you get a pic..

Here's an amazingly good resource for science-fiction hardness when it comes to spacecrafts (no, they're not "ships") and everything related to space travel.

If only hollywood directors and game developpers knew about it's existence, we wouldn't have to suffer more ridiculous boats-in-space and planes-in-space.

http://projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/

1 Like