Level1Pets

Is this the correct bus?

13 Likes

8 Likes

Why aren’t you following the instructions and refrigerate that?

3 Likes

not a pet, but this bear just wants to be a pet.

3 Likes

Do you know how much energy it will take to chill that lump?

3 Likes

Took the dogs to work with me yesterday.

11 Likes

16 Likes

Oh that snow looks good about now.

But lets have a toast to old cats that just dont care if it finally got below 80F indoors and just want lap time anyway.

12 Likes

This is a bit late and i am just doing some random reading. Tramadol isnt good at addressing that kind of pain in the long term. Not sure if dogs can take NSAIDS but you should probably give that class of medicines because your tramadol doesnt have anti-inflammatory properties - pain is usually associated with swelling. if you can address the inflammation, the pain wont really go away.

Again, I dont know if dogs can take medicines like ibuprofen, dexketoprofen, mefenamic acid, celecoxib. If you have those class of drugs as options, it could be a better choice for long term pain.

I am pretty sure nsaids can make dogs really sick is what i read in the past and my vet stated similarly. My doggo had two torn acls, so she is on tramadol.

1 Like

I guess he may need to aid some other types of anti-inflammatory drug.

Edit: crap nvm. Dog is already on anti-inflammatory meds.

Yea. I just dont know for long term pain relief.

Took the dogs to work with me again and the pup was very unhappy that he got stuck outside.

Also saw a fox.

10 Likes

Not late at all and the feedback is appreciated all the same. I’ve actually been meaning to post an overdue update.

Annabelle seems to be somewhat stable now that I’ve thrown everything I can at the issue, including the tramadol, anti-inflam, and muscle relaxers, but also 10mg CBD oil with .5mg THC three times per day. She’s actually doing well enough to space out the acupuncture sessions to two weeks apart now and I’ve also recently started to slowly scale the tramadol and methocarbamol back slightly as well.

The biggest change (for both of us) has been switching her off of a dry food diet completely. She does the best when she is exclusively on the multi-care canned food from the vet, but at $4.25/can it just isn’t sustainable when she consumes 2-3 cans/day. I tried to get her off the prescription food completely, but after some issue with a slight grain allergy I’ve settled on one can of the vet food supplemented by homemade food. This way I don’t have to worry about adding vitamins and calcium to the food I make. Other issue was having to go from twice/day feedings to 3X because the overall amount went from 3.5 cups dry to over 7 cups of wet food and she can’t eat more than 2.5 cups in a single meal.

The food I make is about 60% cauliflower, 20-25% dark meat chicken, 10-15% peas and carrots, and about 10% carbs from white rice. Whole grain brown rice and whole grain oats are much better carbs nutritionally, but grain allergies are extremely common. Protein content shouldn’t be more than 40% and as they age they need less (down to as low as 20%) and it also puts less strain on the kidneys as they get older.

3 Likes

To many cats in row now :wink: All Samoyeds are not the same. There is a difference if they are breed as family/domestic or what they are suppose to do. Oh no- the huge one had a father. Pulling large payloads all day long.

8 Likes

How about a balance…

Our 15 year ‘old man’ napping during TV time.

Andy couldn’t be bothered to get out of bed in the morning.

13 Likes

Fair play.
The cats are probably still sleeping anyway.

10 Likes

Did someone say cat?

10 Likes

Well 15(Samojed then )…13 years for the Japanese Akita… Them can even be older and about 18 for the Samojed. Who want to like cats :wink: Polardogs.

Regards

13 Likes

its-so-fluffy-agnes

4 Likes