Level1News: 2017-01-10 Tech on the HoRyzen & Other Tech News | Level One Techs

Oh yeah, the price will drop soon enough. The "early adopters tax" is still in effect.

That being said, looking at my local hardware store :
850 PRO 256GB : 144.90 EUR
950 PRO 256GB : 189.90 EUR

The difference was 20 or so EUR more when I bought my 950, but to me the difference in performance was worth the price premium.
Then again I did pay close to 600 EUR for a 240GB Revodrive X2 back in mid-2011, so it's not like I'm that fussed about spending a bit extra to get some faster storage.
A wise man once said "Speed's just a question of money. How fast you wanna go?"

also these toshiba RD400 NVMe drives, holy smokes, they're fast and not crazy expensive.

TR did a review recently of the Patriot Hellfire, a contender in the same test was the RD400. Samsung is still on top ofc.

For a gamer with a limited budget, it's more important to invest in a better GPU and CPU, than in faster storage.

Also, 850 EVO 250GB: 100 EUR

@wendell Oh and btw I just figured it out on X370 its 2x SATAe and 2x NVMe or 4x NVMe so considering SATAe isn't even really a thing anymore as NVMe killed SATAe it's just going to be 4x NVMe either 1 4x or 2 2x.

On top of that you have 4 SATA 6 Gbit/s as standard on the chipset which doesn't effect anything else as that comes out of the 4x PCIe that goes to communication with the chipset which also includes all USB, Obviously you can also eat up some of the general propose lanes for extra SATA ports if the board partner wants to do that.

Although I don't see a point in 2 2x as that is only 1970MB/ps theoretical maximum although due to NVMe's low overhead you should be able to approach close to that and the only use I could think of now for having 2 NVMe drives is to RAID 0 them for a fast large starch disk, And with only 1970MB/ps your not going to get good scaling.

I doubt many people are going to use RAID 1 with NVMe as it would be better to just create an image on a HDD and do regular updates to the image and use RAID 1 or 5 with those HDD's.

Added bonus is you can do a backup at a remote location and on another machine easily as you have the image already.

Oh and going back I would like to reply to this, if your going to say that Naples doesn't matter much to AMD ARM is like 10 rungs lower on that list. As the software stack just isn't there to do ARM servers well on a high enough volume to make it a wise decision to de-focus X86 server CPU's from the point of view of AMD.

AMD needs to get on it's feet first before it can be shooting for the long term. Which yes in the long term ARM is probably going to take over the universe. But right now no hardly anybody will buy it because it would be too much of an investment to port or just completely re-create there software stack.

Better to just pay the higher energy bills, but as a side project it's worth taking on, because someone needs to be creating the hardware so the software will come.

@Wendell I finally got a rock solid source for a Q2 2017 release for Naples http://ir.amd.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=74093&p=irol-eventDetails&EventId=5246442

it's in the "CFO Commentary Slides" search the document for Q2 and you will find it I didn't think you would trust a direct link to a PDF so I linked the page with the PDF which is the official AMD site, and this is in "Investor Resources" so it's super legit because while companies may lie to there customers they are much less likely to lie to investors because that will come with some serious lawsuits no ifs, and's or buts.