Level1Con?

5 Likes

I live between both of those places. I am game for either.

1 Like

Centicow's Revenge

I'd love to go to one, but I don't have a passport and don't really want to get one. Your government also scares me a bit right now. I'd definitely go to one on the east, or maybe even west coast of Canada if it happens. Toronto or Montreal would be great places for a LAN party.

We would need to get a live stream going.

So that the people that could not attend, could still see what is going on.

3 Likes

Yeah. If you came to the US you'd probably be detained for months and fined thousands of dollars (roughly a million Canadian pesos).

1 Like

Although I don't have high hopes for PGP choosing it, Montreal would be awesome since it would only be a 4 1/2 hour drive for me. Toronto not so much unless I carpooled since that would be a 9 1/2 hour drive.

Anything more West than Toronto or South of Philadelphia would have to be a flight for me, which I kinda don't want to do with the TSA and all.

Montreal would be a 7 ish hour drive and Toronto an hour depending on where in Toronto. I have family in Montreal so a place to stay wouldn't be a problem for me.

Haha, yeah exactly. My parents over the last two summers have gone camping in New York just across the border (so they can still get Canadian cell service) and they won't be going this year just to be on the safe side at the border. It shouldn't be a problem, but we have plenty of nice places to go camping in Northern Ontario, hell, they could maybe go to Quebec.

also i wouldn't believe the media. America doesn't have gulags and the thought-scanners aren't operational.

3 Likes

That's what I was thinking.

I'd say Dallas, Chicago and Minneapolis would even be appropriate.

Remember guys, it's not about you. Nobody gives a shit how convenient one location is or isn't for any individual, it's about the community as a whole. I'm in California and I'm supporting any event be in some boring flyover. A great mod once said "Ask not what your forum can do for you. Ask what you can do for your forum".

...probably.

3 Likes

I give a shit :frowning:

I think PGP would need to figure out where most of their users live and what would be convenient for the crew. If the userbase happens to be more on the Eastern seaboard it would make more sense to be somewhere East, if on the Western it would make more sense if they went West. Especially considering the center of the United States actually has some of the lowest population densities in the country and doesn't have too many major transportation hubs aside from Kansas City.

@chiefshane had a map on here showing where almost everyone lived.

Off course it does not show everyone as not everyone shared their location but it still should be accurate.

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/levelonetech-map/84846?source_topic_id=114516
2 Likes

True, I didn't read the central thing.

teehee

1 Like

NO to Chicago. Been there, done that.

1 Like

Dubuque, iowa.

Al capone stayed there and IBM is there as well.

From what i see tho, only small airports are around the area.

That would make traveling difficult.

1 Like

Nashville would be cool.

1 Like

We're throwing a little tiny mini Level! con at Quakecon. If you want something soon, that's the soonest you're gonna get ;D

3 Likes