Level1 Techs May 24 2019: The Gentle Caress of Autonomy | Level One Techs

https://www.one-tab.com/page/ze4LsDvESoKQct6vwOEiKA

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/video/level1-techs-may-24-2019-gentle-caress-autonomy
2 Likes

Hi Level1techs,

Over the past month I’ve noticed that the sound quality have deteriorated on the youtube videos.

It sounds like there is a noisefloor that has been raised and the voices have become more tincan-like.

Can you please take a look at the audio setup and see if anything has changed?

Thanks in advance,
garandil

Audio seems good to me.

I listen over my car stereo and with headphones on my phone.

I’d love to see how my adversity score has changed since my childhood… it was pretty rough.

Only thing I’ve noticed this week is when the mics pick up voices, there is this weird high pitch undertone coming through on any audio playback I’ve used (headphones/speakers/car/laptop).

It goes away when no one is speaking, but as soon as someone begins talking, there is this fuzzy/tinny noise coming through.

I thought I was going crazy, like that high pitch tone that you used to be able to play on your phone to mess with teachers during class… or that some stores put outside their storefront to ward off birds nesting in their sign. Its incredibly high pitch and very subtle, but its there, and its very annoying.

I know they keep messing with their audio and its an ongoing joke that everyone complains about it… but there is reason people complain about it.

I love L1T, and as an audio guy who fucks with my setup a bunch too I’d LOVE to help them resolve this!

Notice that also… odd little high pitch chirping usually on the left side. I can not tell if it something in the environment like a chirping fan being picked up from very hot mics or an processing/high gain artifact.

1 Like

Haven’t had a good laugh like that in a while, that robotic finger had me in tears :joy:

2 Likes

How long before the robotic finger is used as a sexual object?

The only way to bring it to market :flushed:

1 Like

When it hits the market!