Level1 Techs Folding@Home Team

Neat. :)

Hmm. After two ~10-11hr folds that would have netted me roughly 130k.... my score remains the same. No bueno...

Searching for "fail" or "error" in the log netted me with only 1 error:

I want to say it's not relevant given that's the only error, and I've had 2 large folds not net me any points even though I'm going uninterrupted on them with a GTX770.

maybe server maintenance? I've been folding all night and no update
I'll check back in a few hours

After my 280x finishes this last fold it's all getting stuffed into another chassis and the cpu is going under water

1 Like

Good point. I notice bourbon warrior is still sitting at (what I believe) is the same score he had yesterday. Judging by his score... I'd imagine he folds 24/7.

Nice! I wish my GPU was on water when folding... I'd imagine it'd be so much quieter.

I keep looking for a reason to build a rig in my old Node 605, and have considered a dual GPU folding rig. I wouldn't be able to water cool 'em in that chassis... which kinda makes me NOT want to build a folding rig in it. I just like that it's a horizontal case so it's on a shelf I have, and I already own it. Too bad GPU's running full tilt are loud.

1 Like

My gpus are on air and the biggest issue i have is the top card is starved for air but im running with no case fans and all panels off.

That will change with the c70

I've got it running on my media server at home 24/7 and then on idle on my laptop and desktop. I keep a chrome tab open of the client as well when I'm at work.

I downloaded the android app version, but as far as I can tell there is no way to set a folding team on that. Has anyone tried the app and knows if there is a way to set your folding team?

1 Like

I haven't bothered with the app, it would cut into my lounge time.

And it supposedly is terrible on my phone (M8)

The way the app works is that it only folds when it is plugged in, 100% charged and connected to wifi. Therefore it folds all night while my phone is plugged in charging.

ah i see, thats never gonna happen on my phone lol

Been folding all day, completing work units, but points have not changed. Anyone seen this before? I assume it's a problem on FAHs end. My system is operating fine and network connectivity has been unbroken. I don't like working for free!
;-)

Yup no updates across the board, I'm rebuilding mine at the moment anyways

Just started folding myself so first time ive seen it, no big deal i think as long as they get the work

1 Like

Thanks. I checked the folding forum and found a thread where others noted the same issue. I don't mind the delay as long as the credit is awarded. Meanwhile, folding continues.

my gpu is fine but my cpu won't download WU, am I missing something

@Skelterz have you had this problem

GPU servers report status=full but connections=accepting. The server issue with scoring appears unresolved still.

Nope, what cpu are you running

2x E5-2680 V1
GTX 780

are they still doing that big advantage thing if you have an assload of cores?

Maybe it's related to the server issues
Im new to this and haven't had many issues

yeah - FAH have a server issue with the scoring at the moment. no points will be lost - it'll catch up with itself. has happened a few times.

info - https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=29613

2 Likes

Good to know, my folding pc is down for maintenance / upgrades

Also was worried the work my machine did wasnt turned in one of my 280x ran a 12hr wu Saturday

seems to be back in action now

2 Likes