Level1 Space Engineers Server

Don’t know if L1 has a minecraft server but that could be a somewhat popular one for people bored or on the go, joined a minecraft server that my college buddies made back then

1 Like

I have never played Space Engineers what can you do in it? Looking at it on steam it looks kind of like Minecraft in space? Or is it different?

I can give it a go if you find it doesnt work out.

1 Like

Space engineers is a voxel/grid based creative game with survival gameplay mechanics (included for people wanting to do a survival mode). The main selling point is that everything is destructable, including the dirt on earth or asteroids and your ships armor which can be dented or other parts will catch fire or start sparking or spewing radioactive clouds.
You mine for resources and build ships in a grid like style like minecraft but theres special blocks like pistons/rotors(and many other blocks) that allow your ship have certain features.
It also contains a campaign editor and programmable blocks to write scripts for say ship information or mouse/AI controlled custom built turrets or whatever you fancy with C#.
There is no endgame though like in minecraft but they added contracts to where you go to stations and complete quests for cash etc.
multiplayer is alright and is best when the server is in your region, but watch out for nasty factions that just mess with everyone and raid other factions (although some servers have rules as when a person can raid to give new guys a chance).

As I said I got more than 3000 hours out of it but its because I love building different ships with different styles, people in it for just survival will have a good time but it lacks a few survival features for the time being.
The workshop however contains so many goodies to improve your needs like blocks or mods to add in features the game doesnt have.

1 Like

I made this thing in it

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=566788233

1 Like

I see you stuck with the design for your other iterations :eyes:

that is the final one, the others were me figuring out how the damn workshop works.

ahh I see lol, yeah workshop has been finicky when steam changes what it allows, for instance they reduced workshop thumbnail size so all the creations I have that used 2560x1440 for my thumbnail wouldnt update because steam made the photo size limit low enough for 1080p. Better image quality > Update lol

Thought id update you guys on this, if you have linux and Proton/steam works on your distro then this should work about as well as it does on windows, theyve been working on this for a while along with ryzen zen 2 compatability.

2 Likes

Creating the world for the server. I setup a space station with a safe zone for trading, but I accidentally transferred ownership to an NPC and I can’t access it now. :joy:

Anybody know how to override that?

2 Likes

alt F10 and theres a setting to access all terminals

1 Like

Upgraded to 32T 48GBs RAM.

Downloading Steam now, should be up here in a bit.

2 Likes

Grrrr, I can’t get the server to show publicly

2 Likes

Direct Connect?

Sorry for the delay guys, been doing a lot of research. I’ve been getting warnings saying my server doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements. My clock speed is 2.20Ghz and I think it’s wanting 3-4Ghz. Anyone know how this will affect real world performance? I’m considering using a different PC or renting a cloud gaming PC.

Yeah, if you’ve got only 50-70% of the power it needs, you’re going to get a lot of stuttering and lag. Simulation speed will be way down.

That’s what I figured. In the meantime I learned how to host the server properly and fixed the previous issue I had.

I’ll see what other hardware I can find and let you guys know.

1 Like

It looks like dedicated servers are gonna come in somewhere around $12/mo.

It is usually cheaper to pay a host than to build your own hardware.

2 Likes

damn thats a bummer, have you had anyone try to go into the server and see how it performs?

My brother and I did. It was working fine, but it was basically an empty world. I might be able to get my hands on a 4th gen i7 system. Waiting to see what happens with that.