Level1 News May 22 2018: An American Robot in Brussels | Level One Techs

https://www.one-tab.com/page/FUvdAPmVS5S0dloc3Yr-Kw

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/video/level1-news-may-22-2018-american-robot-brussels
2 Likes

on the topic off the ledger, i think this will happen soon, because so many people only want to use the convinient part of the internet and not spend any time on thinking of their true needs and open themselves up to manipulation from the ledger
dark time’s indeed

The Darwinian logic the people keep using to justify coercion and greed has been updated in recent times, in a general systems context with a more unified approach.

The answer to the question “could we” is answered in the outcomes. For instance, when a model is truncated to the anecdote of a specific profession, say maximizing shareholder value by collecting “money on the table”, it creates entropy externally. This eventually results in extinction and novel emergence through normative influence.

The corporate model is a perpetual growth machine that destroys small business; and thus replacing stable, horizontal growth with a smaller amount of vertical growth. Some might consider it a bit of an efficiency, however as time passes, the degree of their services being an actual service to the population decreases. This is seen across the board with mega corporations. The function of such models becomes progressively more parasitic until they collapse under their own weight.

(facebook)

I spend a lot of my Facebook posts on criticizing Facebook; and I do it in the most esoteric and analytical way. I use as many references as I can find; and I don’t pull punches… ever. It’s a great deal of fun that I would most definitely suggest. :slight_smile:

It’s funny when FB makes one of those little videos for me and it includes criticisms of them. :smile:

@wendell is it even possible at this point to completely de-google one’s self? Would an attempt to do so essentially be negated by already having established a Google footprint and their ability to obtain data and metadata on individuals through indirect methods and compile said data with their previous Google user data? Is man’s only recourse at this time to submit to the infant stages of Galaxia?

Disinformation goes a long, long way. I still get ads for hilarious obscure products that I’m sure my disinfo bots are obsessed with at this point.

Nothing to add on the topics.

However I do have a headline.

L1T are RGB Lovers!
Despite what they might want you to think.

Hahahaha, I joke clearly, well partly. The reflection in you on set TV gave you up a few episodes back. Looks like you have rolling RGB rainbows running around the edge of your ceiling.

I actually have been thinking about doing this for a while too. Some wood railing I can stick to the wall with a little channel in the top so I can run the RGB strip around the room for some mood lighting. I have an RGB bulbs in my desk lamp and quite like being able to set the colour of my desk glow and now would like to expand it.

Any tips? How did you do yours.

14:20 “Gold as a bathtub material might not be the best as gold is water soluble”
To my knowledge, you need strong acids to get gold into solution.

1 Like

or mercury =P

And im pretty sure gold is not that soluble in water also. could be a few parts per mil but not much beyond that

1 Like

sorry, was thinking on geologic timescales :smiley:

Bodies of water evaporating is where a lot of our gold deposits came from, iirc

2 Likes

Best resource i could find on it though not sure of its trustworthy ness.

Appears to need chlorine so salt water might be gold soluble

Tap water is ph regulated; however there are are chlorides in it. It’s similar to pool water; only much more dilute. It’s ph is regulated with soda ash (sodium carbonate). There are also traces of urea; which contains nitrates. The largest contributor of nitrates is probably fertilizer runoff. There are also small traces of cyanide; which is also potentially corrosive.

Well water is of course a variable variable.

I guess with a guilded tub corrosion may be on a cosmological time scale. Friction is probably more of a problem.