Level1 News July 16 2019: Sounds Like Teen Suffering | Level One Techs

https://www.one-tab.com/page/E6_9x1kcRXCVSCCwwmlbiw

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/video/level1-news-july-16-2019-sounds-teen-suffering

i work for a company that negotiates with ransomware peeps, but we also do backups and try to get people on offsite backups so we can restore when they get ransomware and not pay, and now adays everyone is getting those backups.

2 Likes

“Sonic devices in philidelphia parks target teens”… is this a humans right violation? can we not sue this? XD

“France pushing arrests for not deleting hate speech”… why cant people see that leaving certain hate speech is a good thing because then their stupidity is public and people can avoid them with proof of why they dislike the person, stop deleting things!

Also the last story really cool to hear about, feel like that should have been used in a movie already haha. but the real question is how to we avoid this exploit, and if all LEDs are removed would they use pixels on a screen to then send signals? makes me wonder :thinking:

1 Like

(crypto money laundering)

I think it’s funny that the powers that be express concerns over the possibility of crypto-currency being used for money laundering. It’s so funny because it’s the powers that be that use the banking system for money laundering. I guess they’re concerned about their racket being invaded. I guess they just don’t want the competition.

Single entities (banks) have been caught laundering hundreds of billions in a single year. The funny par is that, the way it plays out, it’s as though they’re buying back the money for pennies on the dollar.

Of course you have to consider the fact that trillions a year would be out of circulation without laundering. They also have the motive to just get the money back into the system. They do however profit from it in a big way though.

Of course crypto-currency is going to be “used for” money laundering. Every currency that will exist is probably going to be laundered; and if the ledger was so good at identifying those who trade, lost wallets would be much easier to get back.

The interesting thing about crypto is the platforms that can wrap it. Money laundering can be automated with it. It can become part of global management. There is always going to be dirty money; and there is little choice but to launder it. Leaving it out of circulation isn’t really an option. The “spreading of the disease” is an enormous problem for all currency.

(govt ransomware)

If the government used their surveillance databases for offsite storage, the problem would be solved. Not really joking.

“I think we should enter into a world where anything agreed to over the phone is not enforceable, it’s not a valid contract” - @ryan @ 9:48

Wow I sort of expected that is already a thing for you… in germany any contract that is made online or on the phone automatically has a 14 day withdrawal period in which you can just withdraw from the contract without giving any reason whatsoever (Fernabsatzgesetz). OFc some exceptions apply for some specific goods, but generall that is the case… really surprised this isn’t a thing for you…