Level1 News December 12 2018: Future Fridge and the Bitcoin Bubble

I am a bot. Beep boop beep boop beep.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/video/private-video-31

Video:

It’s private, dude… Don’t show it to everyone…

PS: not so private anymore…

1 Like

Wendell’s upload video bot is broken.

Like every video that gets uploaded to the forum says private video. It’s sad.

I think the bot opens the thread before the video is up…so it stays private,then the video goes up and usually you make it less private…

2 Likes

I was trying to avoid reuploaders and also find Captain Marvel trailer from 3 days before

All in all that search is so retarded that it just promotes reuploaded Avengers trailer when searching for Marvel Entertainment

1 Like

What is actually happening when they say “boiler snake”?

Is it some wonky heating system that makes an annoying clanging noise at certain times when on?

the boiler vents steam from heating water through metal pipes. the metal pipes are imperfect and when the hot steam encounters cold water in the pipes, it can absorb a lot of steam energy really quickly so the steam quickly condenses, forms a vacuum and creates a knocking sound.

some of this is unavoidable in a system this large. it helps if you can setup the system such that all water/moisture in the system drains back to a central location. but this isn’t always possible.

1 Like