Level1 News August 17 2018: Squatch and Sensibility | Level One Techs

https://www.one-tab.com/page/LssDNzOAR3WVnXRu1Y-iLg

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/video/level1-news-august-17-2018-squatch-and-sensibility
1 Like

How the hell did no one know about the one tab? I love that thing.

Iā€™m also curious if youā€™ve now seen my abysmal tinder history.

The tangents are the best.

2 Likes

I was listening to this on the way to work this morning and laughed so hard I had to slow down at ā€œWhat are you pigs doing here?!ā€

3 Likes

My only take-away from this episode is that Ryan wants there to be more monster erotica where female monsters date human men. So, do you think he would prefer to be shipped with Nessie (Knock Ness Monster), a nāga (Laā€™mia Mia), or maybe someone a bit classier, like Medusa (Rocked)?

Once decided, Iā€™ll gladly donate the finished story as a Level1Techs Patreon exclusive. :wink:

Homeless people and barcodes:

To accept payment you have to have a bank account ā€“ Ryan @46:27

While that is true this is not a problem in the EU (while UK still is EU :smirk:).

As of 18.09.2016 (or 09/18/2016 for weird people) any bank operating in the EU is required by EU law to give you a bank account no matter what your credit score is, provided you do not already have a bank account anywhere else in the EU.

That is to say, if you donā€™t have an account, you are entitled by law to have one. Most banks donā€™t advertise this all that much because thereā€™s really nothing to be gained out of them, but they have to give you one. Now granted that account has some limitations (e.g. no credit cards, no overdraft credit, basically nothing that could add debt), but it is enough for doing basic EU-wide payments. And while the limitations seem restrictive, itā€™s actually not really. Basically you have the whole range of EU payment options, including a regular debit card. Some few banks will give you a (visa/mastercard) debit card or prepaid credit card (which work for credit card payments just fine), just not actual credit cards that charge from your account after some time, itā€™s either pay now or donā€™t pay at all. PayPal and the like also works no problem.
So, yeah, itā€™s really not that big a deal here if you donā€™t have an account, because no matter how bad your score is, you can just open one.

If youā€™re bored and want to read up on it, that is EU directive 2014/92/EU.

1 Like

Iā€™ll do the engagement challenge using http://www.cleavebooks.co.uk/scol/ccalcoh4.htm

Kreeeestah
375ml of 12% abv = 45ml of alcohol consumed

Ryan (The Peopleā€™s Champ)
750ml of 14.5% abv = 109ml of alcohol consumed

I have no idea if thats right, but I was engaged!

3 Likes

We need the blood alcohol level though

After listening to 4 shows in a row, I think the whole of the US needs Auditing . . . . thatā€™s if the Auditors can be trusted.

1 Like

I would need their body weight, and Ryan was also allegedly pre-gaming so ĀÆ\(惄)/ĀÆ

Just finished watching the news for the week and uhhā€¦

Well, I will say it is entertaining to watch two drunks babel non-sense, but to be honest if you did not have one-tab and time-stamps I wouldnā€™t have watched the news.

Also do keep in mind that that your main channel has one-quarter of a million subscribers, many of them are probably idiots (some of which may have done the hot-water bucket challenge). Do not give into the internetā€™s stupidity.

Seriously guys ask yourselves; What the fuck is it that you are doing? One drunk news week in 2 years is fine, but I donā€™t like where this is going.

Sober up, otherwise youā€™ll become a meme and no one will take your news week seriously.

1 Like

Regarding far-boundā€™s comments on the vino-lubed news

Did they actually say that? lol

Sorry wrong episode of the news! hence the deletion.

1 Like