Level1 News April 18 2018: HomelessCoin: Initial Vagrant Offering? | Level One Techs

https://www.one-tab.com/page/51qls9tPTUOCmnAN4UDVhA

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/video/level1-news-april-18-2018-homelesscoin-initial-vagrant-offering
1 Like

I would trust paypal with handling my money when the customer service is not complete shit

1 Like

Processing for PayPal better be much quicker if they get into banking. Also at times when purchasing something companies would tell them to try the bank account first before hitting my balance on PayPal or my credit card and they allowed this. That is nuts. So while I’d be interested in seeing PayPal get into banking as more options are better I still don’t see me switching to them as I have a fee free online banking account with Simplii which includes free e-transfers even.

As for the HomelessCoin story a bit too much laughing and joking around during that one. Nothing wrong with them trying to do this and assuming that the homeless are going to do stupid stuff while participating in the program is just wrong.

In regards to crypto currency every single time I hear a story of where this company (exchange or whatever) lost people’s money I just think of theft, fraud and so on. So many times I guarantee that this is just a story of the money being stolen with the help of the company (exchange or whatever0.

On the topic of email if you have seen what Microsoft has done with their email service uh Gmail’s clean design is a welcome thing. Microsoft has taken email and made it a horrible mess to deal with. I have a few accounts that run the beta or latest update every single time and I absolute can’t stand Outlook / Hotmail anymore. Sad part is though I have to deal with it and figure out how to make it look less of a mess because so much is tied to my accounts with MS. It would be just too much work to transfer everything off of MS services.

As for the last story …

The headline was just awful. : S Obvious click bait and something I would never look at.

Apple thinks that replacing a component with a non-Apple component in an iPhone or Mac is trademark infringement, because it’s technically no longer an iPhone or Mac.

I thought about this, and there is a situation where this matters

If an iPhone or Mac with a non-Apple component gets sold on the used market, then the buyer would be under the impression, that it’s an Apple product, when it’s technically not, and this might be trademark infringement.

In this case, the seller would need to specify, which components have been replaces with non-Apple ones, so that the buyer knows exactly what he/she is buying, and that’s how you avoid the trademark problem.