Level1 Musicians

I play the Saxophone (Tenor and Soprano) and Clarinet.
I also have a season of Drum Corps under my belt playing Trumpet with the Glassmen.

I need to come over and record guitar tracks for our video game! lol... that is epic.

3 Likes

Thanks Logan!
If you ever want to collab or need help with that stuff I'm always down for that kind of thing lol

Yeah looks like you like your RGs. Probably my favorite body style. Great ergonimic design and the Wizard/Wizard II necks are super fast and comfortable. I have an older mid-range RG that I swapped in a pair of DiMarzio EVOs on. I played a universe a long time ago at a local guitar shop that unfortunately closed its doors a few years ago. They had DNA JEMs, Satch Crystal Planets, and all kinds of rare gear.

1 Like

The EP I mentioned up above ^ is finally done, a little synth/darkwave hodgepodge. Figured I'd toss you guys some download codes in case anyone is interested in this kind of music

http://emmett-brown.bandcamp.com/yum
jq6p-v9gq
3gjj-vxv6
5tfr-ypty
8kaw-bnrf
t39e-xmhm
fnb2-yfze
ldvw-7qku
8qj6-hv9y
tbbu-5yyf
tadd-urnm

2 Likes

Yeah the RG, RGA and the newer RGD are definitely my favorite guitar shapes. The EVO is actually a sweet pickup. I love it in the neck position. Now I'm rocking Bare Knuckle Pickups which are handwound pickups in England. Clearest pickups ever.

One day I hope to own a UV77MC (Multicolor Swirled Universe) but they are upwards to $10,000 now haha.

Thought I posted, but clearly didn't.

All my shit can be found on my soundcloud page: http://soundcloud.com/groovemastaputz

My equipment is literally the keyboard I'm typing on right now, a laptop, those Sony studio headphones that are flat as fuck and everyone has for studio monitors and an Alesis Q25 when I can be arsed to plug it in.

I go hip hop, electronic styles like drum n bass, ambient, trance, video game, etc. Whatever the fuck I wanna make.

2 Likes

nice. I've seen their ads in guitar mags for years. Always knew they had to be really nice.

Ooh tha'd be sweet. I always liked the swirled JEMs (like the DNA ones I mentioned earlier). Ibanez has made some really zany guitars and folks collect them like crazy. I used to peruse jemsite.com back in the day and drool :D

I've just ordered a MS-20 Mini monosynth. It's going to make playing with sound a lot more fun.

What hardware and software do you use for guitar tracking?

I mic my guitar cab(s) up with two SM57s using the Fredman Technique. Then they go right into my Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 which is my interface. For software I use Sonar Studio and I'm upgrading to professional soon. It's awesome software and very powerful.

2 Likes

Do you program the drums within Sonar Studio?

I use the Piano Roll midi editor to program the drums but the software for drums is Superior Drummer 2 and Steven Slate Drums.

1 Like

Sounds like a killer setup. I was thinking about grabbing some recording gear for laying down some guitar tracks myself. Have you done any guitar work in Ableton? Also, I was thinking about picking up a Focusrite Scarlett Solo. Any feedback would be awesome.

I mean, I tried playing guitar one time.

It didn't work out.

Never done work in Ableton but my friends brother uses it exclusively and works just fine.

For the interface I would recommend getting something with at least 2 mic inputs. I'm sure running right into the interface and using VSTs as your guitar tone will work just find but there may be a day where you want to mic up a cab or maybe even play and sing at the same time. You'll just have more flexibility with two mic inputs.

It all really depends on what your doing.

Plus the Scarlett 2i2 is only like $20 more haha.

Superior Drummer is pretty badass.

Very true.

Yeah I was thinking about that model as well. They look like pretty decent interfaces and a lot of folks have good things to say about them.

Do you use a separate passive/active direct box as well or do these interfaces take care of all that?

I may get that interface as well. I wonder if I can find it cheaper, though.

EDIT: I did, but only without the mic and headphones, which is honestly fine with me.

1 Like

The interface is already very clear. You can use a direct box but in my opinion it's not going to do much good. I used a decent active direct box with mine and noticed no difference in quality.