Level1 Musicians

Thanks for the feedback! Think I might change the hat pattern to 32nd's after one of the drops, maybe add a new instrument and possibly do a keychange or something.

1 Like

I wish I still had the time for making music. I've been in several hardcore and metal bands in the past, one of which started to make some progress and we played shows supporting a few larger american and aussie hardcore bands when they played our local area.

As for guitar gear, I was forced to part with my ESP LTD EC-1000 a couple of years ago and I miss it dearly. I still have my Hellraiser C-1 and a small line-6 practice amp but they haven't been touched since I last moved house.

My first instrument was drums from a very young age, again I miss that a lot but I developed RSI pretty bad and couldn't keep my grip tight even for the duration of one song towards the end of my time as a drummer in bands. I stopped playing because I felt more comfortable stopping on my own decision rather than just pushing myself to the point of failure and being forced to stop by injury.

Warning to all drummers who aren't already aware; RSI sucks. Watch out for that shit.

1 Like

I like what is going on just after 1 minute...

I am a songwriter. I use Logic Pro X on my mac rig to record and compose my music. I have played guitar and bass for a decade and I can sing. I aspire to learn the drums and violin next.

This song I made got some love on my original thread:

Original thread: https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/my-original-music/92552

1 Like

Here is my main gear:

Agile AL 3100:

Epiphone Thunderbird:

The rack:

Akai EiE Pro I/O
Pro MPA II Pre Amp
Graphic EQ (unused)
Pro VLA II Tube compressor
Headphone amp
Guitar Effects (unused)
Power Conditioner

Sennheiser HD 380 pro:

Mac Rig:
Retina Macbook Pro 15" mid 2014

1 Like

I guess I'll share my gear as well!
(sorry for my potato camera)

My "beat lab"

My basses (the guitar in the background is just some shitty target toy guitar my buddy left at my house, it can actually make some sweet sounds, just has a lot of background noise due to shitty electronics)

My pedalboard I recently built using scrapwood.

My bass amp(right) and Hammond M3

And finally...... my acoustic drumset

2 Likes

Awesome thread and cool gear too! I'm a huge metal head and nerd and I think that's why I feel kind of at home with Tek Syndicate.
I'm a guitarist and have a little home studio. Here's some of my riffs/music https://soundcloud.com/kylendm

And some of my gear. I probably own about 10 guitars now haha.

This is my latest clip.

2 Likes

I just finished a new one, and I used piano and synths for the first time in a while.

Ibanez fan, I see. Nice collection, mate. :D

Also, the track you linked is badass.

So, here's a question for everyone:

What artists inspire you to make music/influence your sound?

Me, when I first decided to take up music like five years ago I listened to primarily rock and metal at the time, so bands like Metallica, Testament, Jesus Priest, Disturbed, etc. are who inspired me to want to make music. Then I started getting into other genres like classical, industrial, electronic, synthwave, etc. and artists like Pendulum, Celldweller, Perturbator, Daft Punk, The Luna Sequence, etc. are some of the artists who influence me today.

Interpol, The Strokes, Two Door Cinema Club, Jungle Giants, and Keane.

1 Like

Influences are all over the place. Currently, I've gotten really into hip-hop, so maybe Madlib and JDilla at the current moment.

But in general maybe......Primus, Victor Wooten, Zappa, Jimmy Smith, Herbie Hancock, Rush, King Crimson, Parliament, Vulfpeck, Tom Waits, Booker T, Michael Manning, ect.

1 Like

New Hip Hop beat, feedback on the mix would be very helpful, I've friend my brain listening to this over and over tweaking sliders an obsessive amount. I think it's good, but I could be overlooking something at this point.

https://soundcloud.com/fish-65388798/dark-beat-1/s-mfCBj

Edit: I think this mix might be better, I found it one my hard-drive. It's from a few days ago, before I started tweaking shit again

https://soundcloud.com/fish-65388798/dark-beat-alt-mix/s-arz6K

Sounds good. With lyrics, you will have the proper points to add accents, effects, and crescendos.

Which mix sounded better in your opinion? My brain is friend at this point. And I really don't know.

The clarity of the second one is great. The 1st. mix has a really nice muddy sound to it. I'm thinking the first one. What scale is the bass in?

JEM universe 7-string

1 Like

Just a chromatic scale, B and three semitones up.

Now That I got some sleep I think I do like the first mix better, which is a relief, I don't have the project file of the second mix anymore.

Thanks man! I haven't heard to much of your stuff but when I get a chance I'll give it a listen.

1 Like

I play all 7 strings except for first guitar haha. I've been through a number of Universes but this one just plays perfect.

1 Like