Level1 Musicians

I don't play so much anymore but a few years ago I was the drummer in a band with my brother and some friends. Chris, who was lead guitars and vocals, passed away suddenly and the rest of us haven't really played together sense but this was the best sounding track of ours my brother managed to mix (he has a degree in music recording and a home studio that other bands pay to have him record and mix for them, which is why we only really got 1 fully mixed song of ours so far). I think it sounds like a mix of Amon Amarth and older In Flames, but I'll let you be the judge.

7 Likes

Sounds really good. It sucks that your vocalist passed away.

sadly, my Peavy amp does not have an out =/. I wish i had my Digitech RP-100 still. it was stolen T_T
Considering getting a new digitech. tons of fun features, and i am sure the newer ones are even better.

Thanks, by the way :)

1 Like

Sadly I really don't have that much in gear wise. Just a bunch of guitars, and a amp. One day it will get there for what I want to do :)

1 Like

Same here. At the moment I do everything from my laptop. Currently in the process of building a high-end PC, and after that I plan to et a new guitar, and audio interface, and some other gear.

1 Like

That and a microphone that came with my amp.

1 Like

Figured I ask just a random question, but what was everyone's first instrument?

I'm going to sound like a total band nerd, but my first I learned to play was the Flute.

Flutes are awesome. :D

My first was the guitar.

I've played piano most of my life, but I've recently gotten into writing my own stuff over the past few months. I just wanna know how people come up with stuff so quickly? It takes me several months to write a single song haha.

2 Likes

I don't have a definite answer, but in my case, a lot of my music "writes itself". I could start with a simple melody, or drum beat, and from that moment on everything just falls into place.

One tip I can give is just to experiment with melodies until you create one you like. That's pretty much how I write my melodies.

Best way to write any music. Experiment and have fun with your creation.

1 Like

You can end up making a truly haunting and intriguing tune like

Or something heavy hitting to make you believe you can take on anything

1 Like

And that ladies and gentlemen is...

THE POWER OF MUSIC!!!

5 Likes

Every time I think I'm getting closer to understanding the human race, something like this comes along and fucks everything up.

My family doesn't like it when I experiment haha.

Sometimes we have to be a little fucked up to be unique lol.

1 Like

One thing I forgot to mention was that I played lead guitar in a jazz band during my junior year of high school.

1 Like

If you like metal here is some of my 2009/2012 stuff https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8D202D0215B8F4BB
I was using cubase le and funny drumming software for those older songs. Working lately on new stuff but this time using cubase 8 and Addictive Drums which sounds much, much better (well i had some shitty pc during previous recording). The new material should be ready in 4/6 weeks (yap it takes much longer when you do everything by yourself...)

2 Likes

Yeah as soon as I can build my PC I can get back into production, so in the mean time I brushing up on music theory as well as messing around with my guitar to brainstorm.

1 Like

Just reading through this thread was quite interesting, so thanks for bringing it back after the whole lounge-misunderstanding.
As for me, I just picked up the bass guitar 3 months ago. I used to play in my teens but lost interest/needed the money at some point. It's nothing fancy, just a 4-string Yamaha trbx 174 and a tiny Warwick BC10 amp, but it's more than enough to have a bit of fun and to get back into it. It's made me realize how much I missed music in my daily life and progress has been incredibly fast (from "how do I even turn this thing on" to "I can semi-decently play some of the songs I like") so far.
Obviously I'm a super-amateur and probably have very little to contribute but I'd sure like some tips or links to good tutorials if some of you can spare the time.
That's about it from me, I'm looking forward to more interesting music from the community.

1 Like