Level1 Musicians

Here's a twenty second snippet of an older track I'm resurrecting called "Glitch in the System":

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B50Pqr1WEH5ULWxwS1ZqWndOUHM/view?usp=sharing

My new Djent guitar!

4 Likes

That is gorgeous.

1 Like

haha 24-fret fender with reverse headstock nice. Single hum, volume knob, 7-string that's about all you need for djent. Oh yeah and there's a hello kitty graphic too :D

2 Likes

Here's a little something I've been working on.

2 Likes

Nice! Reminds me of The Algorithm.

That riff is killer! Love that triplet feel doublebass at the end.

This sounds great.

Yes! Props for actually including a friggin riff into your stuff. Too much modern metal is just boring alternate picking on simplified barre chords (one of the main reasons I usually can't get into black metal).

Wow I just found this thread.

I play guitar, a bit of bass. I'll end up screaming in a band soon enough (hopefully). I really want to do electronic stuff as well but my computer is awful and I can't do shit with Ableton or FL Studio. But I think I'll change that soon.

As soon as I record something with my pals I'll post it here.

1 Like

Thanks a lot guys. Sometimes getting a second opinion helps boost motivation to finish this stuff, good or bad. I'm gonna work on it a lot tomorrow since I've been coming up with riffs all night tonight.
@Alamar
Yeah I think everything has it's place. It's just doing something tastefully; that's the hard part.
@geisterfaust
Looking forward to hearing from you!

I don't play much anymore but I used to play the Alto Sax if that counts.
I honestly don't think I can even read sheet music anymore.
Still remember musical theory tho

Does that count?

1 Like

Alto Sax is awesome!

It counts!

Alto Sax is amazing, is one of the instruments that I'd love to learn how to play... But I can't, my neighbours are awful and the sax is a really loud instrument... One day!

The quieter you can play it the better you are.
Also fuck em, unless you live in an apartment.

I do hahahahha

Latest track from my solo project "Sleep Experiment".

1 Like

Another new one

2 Likes

Done and done.
..I think. :D

1 Like

@Obi-Wan_Shinobi Sounds good man. I think you could roll off some of the low end on the kick though; it's pretty boomy haha. The guitars seem kinda buried in the mix. I think the kick is making your compressor slam and it kind of buries everything whenever it kicks. Cool song though!
@Nurmi
I dig it. Definitely different. The background notes kind of throw it off for me for some reason. It's cool though.

Here's something I did a while back. It takes a jab at the he-man hey whats going on song at the end.
Random stupid solo at 1:45 too lol

I'm also debating on working on a super heavy kind of song or a more upbeat fast thing with really complex chords and melodies. What would you guys wanna hear?

2 Likes