Level 1 Philosophikum

I think like a thread for the first topic. The we see what it will be about and who will contribute.

not exactly sure what you mean :thinking:

1 Like

I mean the thread for votes and pools and such.

It bad at writing, kinda drunk and on mobile

1 Like

Poll thread: Level 1 Philosophicum [topic proposals and polls]

Do it like Devember. This be the thread for general discussion and links to other topics, whilst the topics of discussion can have the Philosophikum tag.

1 Like

someone didn’t read the first paragraph :wink:
now you’ll need to change that post into a topic proposal :grin:

We will do the vote before the end of this month but I would like some of your proposed topics too. That is what the thread over there is for.

1 Like
  • None, you choose one for yourself.
  • Not in of itself.
  • What kind of real? Physics real or human real?
  • Doesn’t really matter? The guideline should be: “is this experimentally confirmed”
  • No.

That aside, I think all of those would be a cool topic to see different perspectives. I don’t have anything else to add.

Set up a vote and I’ll vote :wink:

1 Like

Got my little working bee move it for me.

1 Like

Yes he was, resources are finite, living things are multiplying rapidly and are not finding sustainable ways to maintain themselves.

@anotherriddle

1 Like

Seems like a topic that has interesting opposing sides. Add it to the proposals!

No he wasn’t, if he could DELET half of people with a snap of fingers, y u no create more resources.

Also they have FTL travel, unless the universe is finite, they have infinite resources.

Also even if universe is finite, they kinda can create matter with “magic” so they can ea silly farm black holes for long-ass term energy.

1 Like

Not when you can change reality. Make food infinite.
Make ores/resources replenish themselves.
Instead of houses, have people live in different pocket dimensions to account for space issues.

Solves resource and overpopulation problems

1 Like

You only prolong the inevitable. Population is always in flux. Whether its sickness or war or something else.

1 Like

This is not true. Any population hits a pop ceiling, that ceiling depends on available resources.

2 Likes

The inevitable what? Resource shortage? They’re unlimited because reality bending magic. Out of space? Space is infinite when you can pop into your own dimension.

2 Likes

I agree! I just had to make up a couple of examples. All proposals will be in the poll in the end.

1 Like

Someone just wants to show of their lobster knowledge.

2 Likes

apart from that:

to question what something is, my feeling is that you go mostly into descriptive terms instead of clarifying a clear path to something that has pragmatic and real life usability, which I widely prefer.

But we vote on this one way or another, so we’ll see if it comes up or not. And maybe we even need to discuss this as we are all keen learning little lobsters who have meaning in their lifes and dont need to find it.

1 Like

Thanks for all your suggestions in topic and proposal thread.

@SIGSEGV @denstieg it might be better to have the general discussions over here and only have the topic ideas in the proposals and polls thread. Maybe you also want to suggest a topic. :slightly_smiling_face: When I have time I’ll ask someone to move the non proposal posts over.

Great suggestion! Do you mind narrowing down the scope or to define a complete topic suggestion? This is a big topic! This is also for everyone else, the better the starting material, the better the discussion.

2 Likes

Okay, so we need to clarify if the argue over “killing half the population because of scarce resources” or “killing half the population because of scarce resources in a world with aliens and magic and stuff” because im not arguing in the latter.

1 Like