This is a companion thread to “Level 1 Philosophicum”. Anything that is not a topic request goes over there.
Any ideas for the next discussion topic of the philosophicum can go here. We will have a vote every month on the next topic.
The idea behind the Level1 philosophicum is to discuss ideas and topics of philosophy (in a wider sense) like nature, existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language. The idea behind this thread originated from a discussion in the lounge started by @redgek and @tsk about the nature of time and whether it is real. Further example topics would be
- What is the meaning of life?
- Is technological progress a net positive for humanity?
- When is something “real”?
- Is Occam’s Razor a universally good heuristic in science?
- Was Thanos right?
Feel free to add your topic suggestions and add as much detail to your topic as you think is needed but also have one clear headline. We will have a poll one week before the end of each month in order to have a new topic ready at the beginning of the next one.
Reasons that we will reject your Topic:
- The topic/question too vaguely, meaning too much room for interpreting what is the core question
- The topic/question based on an assumption that is neither proven nor based on facts or relating studies
- The topic/question is closely related to another topic that has been proposed
- The topic/question was already discussed
- The topic/question is obviously not serious nature and is used for trolling
- The topic/question violates the forums roles and/or guidelines
 To mitigate this, find a way of formulation your topic and the already proposed topic so we can argue the root topic, since you proven that there are more dimensions to the question, or you and the other user need to be more specific in your question.
 You can ask that you already articulated thoughts on that matter will find their way into the thread. This will not open the thread again.
 this will be reported to the authorities