Level 1 Gains

I definitely understand. I don’t go to the gym because I enjoy it or because it’s a comfortable experience. I go because they have equipment I want to use that I can’t afford and I don’t have space for. Once you get past the anxious newbie period, you’ll realize no one cares about what you’re doing. Most people put in headphones and tune each other out. It’s not a social event. The gym is just a bunch of expensive equipment in a building that you can use for a small fee. The awkwardness is a small price to pay if you have goals you want to accomplish.

1 Like

I miss working lifting weights. It was better than sex.

you need to meet some better women

6 Likes

It is not the social aspect of going to the gym that bothers me. It is the convenience of having weights/equipment in the next room. In my case, an elevator ride away.

Though this does not apply to @stconquest I’d say this to those it does, even if they do care/stare/look like they are mocking/gossiping, its inherently null. My case: Parent says I’m worthless= feel like I failed because their opinion means something to me. Bum yells at me while I’m driving down the road, “you are worthless!!” I could give two f*cks, dude is likely not mentally stable, doesn’t know me etc. The types that mock those at the gym are of a character that puts them in a bracket in which case their opinion is now null and void.

Now if you are using the equipment in a spectacularly stupid fashion, thats a little different. There was also this amateur body builder (assumption/giving him the benefit of the doubt) that would incessantly pose in the mirror- I know its something they actually need to practice, but it still reaked of doucheness.

source: was a gym rat in a previous life. Then I got fat, had to wrestle with going back to the gym looking so out of shape and realize f*g what other people think. Now on Keto and at a great weight, thinking about hitting the gym again to put on weight in the right places.

2 Likes

That’s not how it works at all. Meat is significantly easier to digest cooked. Proteins are denatured but that is what your digestive system is trying to do break proteins (a very broad class of large molecules made up of long chains of amino acids) down into it’s useful components. Cooking aides in digestion and makes nutrients more bioavailable for absorbtion and has the added benefit of killing unwanted bacteria. So yeah, eat steak, eat it rare, but just make sure it at least has that outside sear.

1 Like

One of the theories of why humans developed to where we are now is cooking food allowed us time to experiment and get bigger brain size. It made it easier for us to become smarter.

1 Like

No. That’s the eggs and fish. They are brain food. I really don’t eat beef in general except once a month.

Its the cooking that makes the animal easier to digest, in turn making it easier for the body to get nutrients etc. from the food. I don’t disagree with you on seafood and eggs, but you can’t discount cooking.

You don’t really have to eat a slab of steak in one meal either. That’s a lot of meat to eat in =the first place. And is not easy to digest cooked either. I heard about meat pasteurization. But I don’t know about leaving meat in a jar for a week to ferment.

1 Like

I agree.
A buddy leaves a roast on the counter for several days then cooks it. He says it makes it more tender. I don’t trust that idea.

I haven’t heard about “meat pasteurization”, but it sounds similar to what my buddy does.

Edit; From google search, I think the term pasteurization as you are using it is the wrong term.

I think natural pasteurization or fermentation happens in like a week or so. But meat from a butcher or a source you trust is always better than store bought meat.

1 Like

This. If somebody is making fun of you, they don’t matter. You don’t want to be their friend anyway, because they’re assholes.

Also, don’t be afraid to ask those ripped dudes for advice if you aren’t sure how to use some equipment, you’ll find that most of those guys are helpful. Just avoid people with headphones in.

3 Likes

Keto coffee in. About to hit the gym in the AM for the first time since starting back up, hoping to make it a habit. Recently convinced my skinny ass chef buddy to get a membership and because of his work we can only meet up at like 6:00AM.

Trying to regain the 20 Lbs. of lean mass I lost from sitting on my ass since moving out last March.

1 Like

Yeah no, I cannot work out fasted

If you did an actual keto coffee, you aren’t fasted.

There’s enough energy in a keto coffee’s fats to be a meal replacement…

However that said, If you aren’t actually in ketosis, then the keto coffee may not have actually hit your system and your body may still be craving carbs.

I suspect that a keto coffee in the morning probably won’t do shit for you if your body is burning carbs for energy and hasn’t switched over to fats.

So, day 20 on Keto. This past week i’ve been a bit off with the exercise due to muscle soreness.

Put it down to just not being fit, but looks like i may have been low on electrolytes. Have started adding “lite salt” to some drinks to replenish. It’s basically salt but only 50% sodium, the rest is magnesium and potassium.

Feeling a lot better today, will see how it goes.

Past 2 days have been 99.9kg weigh in which is about 6-7kg less than christmas :slight_smile:

Do not exercise after you get the flu shot. You risk death.

forgive me, swoly father, for i have sinned.

Friday was the wedding of one of my best friends, we drank for 12 hours and i ate a bunch of carbs and yesterday to my deep deep sadness for which i feel ashamed and humiliated i did order a pizza and ate 11/12 of it…

so i fucked up my ketosis but im gonna be back in soon™ and will proceed to get back in the saddle asap! (drinking keto coffee while typing, when finished -> workout)

and no more weddings this year that im aware off, so:

2019 aka 20- GAIN teen aka Keto-Calendar aka nutup or shutop aka GET AFTER IT aka NO EXCUSES aka PREVAIL IN THE FACE OF UNCERTAINTY

2 Likes

Get blitzed and smash some frankfurters while listening to this for repentance.