Return to Level1Techs.com

Level 1 Gains

My workout goals!

But in all honesty though. Got out of the gym for 3 months from June to the End of August because of a summer school class. Got lazy. Didn’t go back until September 2nd.
Luckily maintained my weight at 220. Might have lost a tiny bit of muscle mass and got some fat back though.
Been going daily doing arms and legs one day then the next.
Hoping to add a core workout day at some point, but we’ll see.
Trynna get rid of these man tiddies and my belly
Found muh penis so that’s good!

5 Likes

New Plan!!!

I started a whole food/plant based diet one week ago. That means almost zero meat/dairy/egg.

I had 3 oz. of turkey liver 6 days ago (like 3000% the daily B12 required), about 1 oz of feta cheese and a little bit of bread (about 500 calories worth). This was because of the Canadian Thanksgiving last week.

I feel good (I felt good before though), that is a good sign. I worked out like I would normally. I enjoy the foods I eat. I do miss chocolate.

I am over eating a little. I am consuming about 2500 cal. per day and have gained a pound or two. I want to make sure I get the nutrients I need.

My farts have become super charged. They move so fast they feel cold. Farts that remove heat from my body =P

I’m looking for a PPL 6 day split. Trying to get on a more consistent routine. Anyone have any suggestions? I’m thinking something like this:

Push

• Flat Bench
  • Incline Bench
  • Decline Bench
  • Triceps overhead extension
  • Skull Crushers
  • Shrugs
  • Arnold press

Pull

• Deadlift
  • Cable Row
  • Wide Lat Pulldown
  • Preacher Dumbbell Curl
  • Hammer Curl

Legs

• Squats
  • Leg Press
  • Leg extensions
  • Leg Curls
  • Calf Raises
  • Lunges

I feel like I’m missing Cable Crossovers and some shoulder work. Arnold presses don’t fully hit shoulders. :confused:

Did a 500 yard freestyle swim- forgot how good the swim high feels- so much easier to get than the running high IMO. Was feeling really good for pretty much the entire day (morning swim)

2 Likes

One month without any animal products or processed foods (bread, pasta, etc…). I still feel good. I am eating a ton (500g-600g daily) of lentils for protein.

At first I gained a few pounds, but I have settled down to 148LBS while eating 2500-2750 calories per day. The hard part for me is knowing what nutrients are being absorbed properly, and what I need to supplement. For now I am just taking a daily Vitamin D… but that is for the winter, not the diet.

Soy milk fortified with B12 is the only processed type food I consume. I have to figure out my calcium and my B12. I might eat liver once a week, or clam meat, for B12. I get calcium form some greens, sesame seeds and chia seeds… but again… I don’t know if it being absorbed properly. I might start a supplement of calcium (50% DV).

I increased my weights and added a deadlift today: I did 180LBS, 8 reps-2 sets. I want to warm up to heavier weights slowly.

I added 30LBS to my stair climbing, 1800 steps/week (I tell myself it is the CN Tower that I climb).

@sgtawesomesauce and @AdminDev can feel free to criticize this :laughing: but I think any beginner can handle this. Its kicking my ass at half the weight I used to focus on because I have not done so in like 6 months. It’s prolly not the best as it’s a lot and unfocused. In any case I should move to something more focused

I used this primarily for building form. If you’ve never done anything it’s more helpful to practice good form first and learn everything then focus. But yeah I should focus more.

Looks like a whole lot of nothing, imo.

That’s too many exercises and too little volume for a beginner. Beginners should focus on 3 to 5 exercise and target 5 to 8 reps, whatever gets positive muscle failure.

Diet is vastly more important than 500 exercises and 15 reps each.

3 Likes

This is true . I definitely have a healthy diet. Kind of what makes or breaks you health wise in general.

Idk as a beginner if I did focus I’d just go to failure and it sucked in terms of recovery time. That’s why I recommended the whole ton of nothing. More of a full body than a focus. Me personally ive been doing this for 4 weeks and am starting to focus more

Stop eating pizza and drinking so much beer people :joy:

I had 3 doughnuts today. But played one hell of a guitar solo.

Dude sugar is SOOO bad for your health. High protein and high fat high nutrient food is the way. Fuck carbs

1 Like

I haven’t had doughnuts in several years.

I am taking suggestions for focusing by the way so I’m all ears. Preferably 3 days a week.

Donuts are nasty dude.

That’s not how muscle mass and strength work.

All-Pro’s Beginner Routine
Rippetoe’s Starting Strength
Madcow 5x5

1 Like

Furiously googling. Thank you.

Also Jim Wendler’s 5/3/1

2 Likes

These are all getting bookmarked. :slight_smile:

Stronglifts 5x5

Or look up any push pull legs split on bodybuilding.com

1 Like

Found a Jiu Jitsu gym that’s five miles from the house. Has stellar reviews. They give experienced practitioners a trial period as well as people with no experience (you get a month free if you have 0 experience!).

Best part of all is they have a 6:00 AM class Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Plus open mat days.

I’ve had a serious itch lately. I’ve missed grappling, training, two-a-days, etc.

Thinking about entering NAGA next year.

1 Like

@Heimdallr I don’t know what your goals are, but if you want to get from beginner to “advanced” then All-Pro will get you there the safest and steadiest.

There is no deload period due to the medium and light days during the week. Plus, and I can’t remember the specifics, but the saying goes that if you increase your workload by one rep you’re increasing your max by a pound? Something like that. It’s broscience but it’s somewhat of an accurate measurement.

You increase your weight 10% every five weeks. The reps increase by one every week until you pass your test at 12 reps. Then you reset to 8 reps and increase the weight.

That routine will blast every muscle in your body, including your core and posterior chain. Plus it gives you four days a week to train flexibility, endurance, power, speed, sports, etc.

1 Like