Lets talk Video Editing software

Honestly, I think Vegas is a lot better than Adobe. Adobe feels slow and over complicated. But that's just me.

1 Like

It's widely regarded as the most powerful, feature rich, industry leading video editing software out there.

1 Like

I know, when I say over complicated I don't mean there are too many features, I mean that those features take way more effort to use than should be necessary.

that would only be a matter of learning the workflow.

Trust me, I tried. Something I can do in Blender in 10 Minutes would take me 20 in Adobe. This is just my experience though. I'm sure people can be way more efficient with it than I can. I just didn't like the time I spent with it.

Mine is similar:
i5 2500K
32GB RAM
GTX 950
WD Re 4TB as work drive (both source and destination)

2160p (4k) renders (25Mb/s bitrate) with titles, cross dissolve and color correction takes 1/5 to 3/5 of total video time (1 to 3min at a 5minute video). But this is on NVENC, if I use the similar profile you use it will take me more that 4 times the real video time (more that 20min for a 5min video). But I work on a HDD drive, is impossible to fit the projects at mine SSD.

my source drive is also a HDD i just render my outputs to my SDD to keep the write speed limitations of my HDD from being a bottle neck.

From reading up on NVENC you may want to see what the speed difference would be if you did x.264 at 15Mb/s based off the reddit discussions and demo videos I have seen. So far it looks like NVENC is just not an efficient hardware encoder.

Thanks, I will check x.264 at 15Mb/s as suggested.

But for me NVENC was the revolution on mine setup last year, I even bought the GTX 950 at Black Friday because of it, cutted mine render times in some situations almost 50x times. I work with a lot of timelapses because of casemodding and NVENC litereally "eat them at breakfast", even with mine HDD bottlenecking at 140-200MB/s plus all the latency of course.