Let's talk cyberpunk or science fiction

Some IRL products, I have all of them in PDF but… I couldn’t help myself

1 Like

Well Well Well

New news

1 Like

I just recently remembered reading this, released in 1982 it was way ahead of it’s time.
It was scary when I read it in 1982, now it’s downright terrifying.
An unknown masterpiece from the author of DUNE, and one of his books that actually would translate well to a movie.
Synopsis and reviews here, also it does bog down in technical details at times.

3 Likes

On a recent trip to the larger malls in Wilkes Barre my Dau and I visited the last surviving book store. She went looking for something for school while I headed for the Sci-Fi section.
It was kinda sad.
A large section of books based on either Star Wars or Halo and a large section on Dune stood out. What was worse was the Frank Herbert section was just Dune books, none of his other books which were quite good.
Also prominently featured was Greg Bear, another big sci-fi name from the 80’s.
The good news!
Back in the 80’s we never had the tools to see who won both the Hugo and Nebula award

There was a good sized section to Orsen Scott Card who won the dual crown back to back. There are some new names that I never heard of but am curios about.
Another great thing about today is if you find an author you like you can go to the website instead of depending on the blurb on the back cover. This will often point towards other authors to explore. Even if it is sadly an obit.
http://gregbear.com/pages/pournelle.php

2 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes

That Beep was a conformation, after they deleted all the assets.

1 Like

I want zardoz to become reality.

2 Likes

body goals.

1 Like

its no longer Science Fiction

1 Like

I have read the first two and half of the third in the series now. Really cool concept of multiple authors writing different short stories in the same shared near future setting with intertwined story elements, timelines, events and characters. Most of the stories are really interesting but some are just ok and yet others are just downright lame. The audio versions are also pretty good, all the narrators are experienced, quality voice actors.

Overall it’s a vaguely cyberpunk, near future, semi dystopian sci-fi anthology.

2 Likes

I know it’s really more fantasy but I’m halfway through American Gods, pretty awesome read.

1 Like

If you haven’t read these, get on that asap.

New System Shock remake video out

and SS3

2 Likes

I’m playing system shock 2 for the first time right now. I started it many years ago and finally got around to it again.

3 Likes