Let's talk cyberpunk or science fiction

I have been trying to find the name of a good cyberpunk book I read years ago, with no luck. It had a very interesting future that might work for real.

Robots Took Our Jobs!

In this future, after high school one could chose to go to college and be in the 1% ruling class. If you didn't go to college, you were assigned a robot that went to work for you and you got the robot's paycheck. Most of the population was unemployed on 'Robot Welfare'. Also the TV's pumped out Alpha radiation to keep the people docile.

The basic story line was about an alcoholic slacker that was into Humphrey Bogart / Sam Spade cosplay. He spent all his days in a bar where everyone was Bogart or Bacall. Then he got mixed up in a real cyberpunk mystery and had to clean up his act to solve the case.

That sounds so familiar, well the first part anyway.....

Also sounds like a good story over all. If you find out the name be sure to post it!

1 Like

It sounds a bit like this.

It is a Brazilian show dubbed into English. When people turn 20 they get tested to see if they qualify to move to "The Island". The people on The Island rule the country. Those that don't pass are dumped back into the super shitty slums where the 97% live. It was a bit like Brazilian Hunger Games meets musical chairs. After each episode ended, there was one less player.

I really liked that short series.

1 Like

ya watch that a few months back, didn't finish it, wasn't to bad over all however

The twist ending is epic.

1 Like

MESSIAH

A game I played a bit at a friends house, this game is AMAZING. Still have yet to sit down and beat it, got it on GOG and played it again about a year ago, this game has Cyberpunk, makes you think, has dumb teen humor, possession.... and has that late 90s early 2000 vibe I love from games in that era.... man I wish we could get some games like this again. This game isn't talked about a lot but let me tell you its a classic. Would get it on GOG as its 10 bucks there, think that's fair price.

idk how to drag over effectively so

1 Like

This bitch

"Lair-uh"
MY EARS! RRREEEEEEEEE!!!
1 Like

PROJECT EDEN

I did not play this in my youth, played it about 2 years ago for the first time.... I love it. Really really good game, can't believe I had never heard of it before.

I am a sucker for cyberpunk so maybe I'm biased. Its fun, good voice acting, good story (not breaking any molds but thats fun), and good gameplay. Team members AI is a little jank, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Same people that made Tomb Raider.

Its on GOG, It's pretty cheap. Worth a look

"I suppose you've all heard of real meat"
"Yeah, I can show you some"
"..."

1 Like

Night's Dawn Trilogy, I'd be off to an Edenist habitat first opportunity.

1 Like

It is a cool game to play and interesting also.

How AI can really mess up a guys social life:)

2 Likes

Just watched the Independence Day sequel.

Garbage.

1 Like
1 Like

Its like Dread mixed with Bladerunner and robocop

http://gamejolt.com/games/minilaw-ministry-of-law/128917#close

1 Like

Can you guys recommend me scifi/cyberpunk or dystopian related books? Been trying to get into reading a lot back again.

I'd love to live in a world similar to Blade Runner, just for the aesthetics. And because it's one of my favorite movies.
And they are going to fuck everything up with the new movie

Voice of The Whirlwind

Also Altered Carbon or Neuromancer.

2 Likes

1 Like

I was just looking at that game... Just finished Engineers and just got Throne

Dem comics look sick, pretty easy to find?

Had to do a bit of hunting but when you do find them they're pretty cheap. I'm going to put them in frames and stick them in the printing room which will be home to my main workstation and most of my scifi and cyberpunk artwork.

1 Like