Let's talk cyberpunk or science fiction

2 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

Star trek = fun and deadly place to live, Stargate uni is my favorite.

Faster combat, thank fuck. Lords of the fallen combat was painful because it just felt so delayed and disconnected.

1 Like

Stargate Universe was very underrated and suffered much less from the goofier aspects of SG1's later seasons.

2 Likes

i mean Stargate universe as SG-1+Attlantis+Universe :slight_smile:

1 Like

On another note Alien ( Xenomorp ) is my favorite horror universe :smiley: for now at least :smiley:

I only saw the first season of Atlantis. Visually I think it was my favorite of the three but SGU was more compelling. I remember seeing Stargate in theaters, maybe a week or so after the first time I saw starwars. I thought it was way cooler because it was real science fiction, not space fantasy.

1 Like

Same here, it is more connected with reality. I am currently watching "The Expanse" witch is fun too because its basically real :smiley: Damn writing in English is hard :cry:

2 Likes

Just watched 10 Cloverfield Lane. Damn, I am seriously surprised that they went that direction instead of playing it safe. Pretty damn good. Starts as what seems to be a bog standard suspense thriller then standard end-of-the-world survival then BAM! FUCK YOU! It is a scifi alien invasion!

2 Likes

If you don't know, george rr martin made a ton of Scifi books before pretending to write fantasy... or did he pretend to write Scifi thats really fantasy?

Anyway, they are really good, and this guy does the best, as was for a long time the only one, talking about them.

Not cyberpunk persay, but amazing scifi and really deep lore (would love a show or game in the universe)

I think his world building and detail is pretty damn good but I suffer through every page of his work. Not saying others shouldn't read him though, obviously plenty of other people have enjoyed his writing immensely.

@MFZuul have you read the Gil The ARM Hamilton stories? It's the earliest series from the Known Space timeline.

1 Like

Does not sound familiar, will have to look it up

hmmm reading it on amazon the story sounds like something I read, but must have been a long time ago. Will have to pick it up, pretty cheap @Braysive. You read it? As in is it good? Think it's the same guy who made ring world.. so it has to be at least ok lol

One of my all time favorite series within my favorite series. Hard science fiction detective stories from the golden era of scifi. In an interview with a handful of authors Niven (the author) said that they were the hardest stories to write because good science fiction and good detective stories have to have strict rules and combining them together has a multiplicative effect, especially for him because he had so many engineers, mathematicians and scientists on his ass after he published the second Ringworld book (because it was unstable), he actually revised the story and worked it into the following installments. And yes, this is set in the same universe as Ringworld.

1 Like

I may have read it but dont own it, used to love ring world as a kid... now I must have it and read it

sounds badass

And for anybody who enjoys the world of The Expanse, those books derive A LOT from those stories. The big difference is that Mars is basically just a nature preserve (until a belter decides to drop an asteroid on it) and Luna is the other major government. Also I'm almost positive Niven coined the term "belter".

Flatlander is the book with all the Gil Hamilton stories.

2 Likes