Let's all chuckle at the "Russian" intelligence report

Clinton was using cigers on staff or did we forget ?

Again, this has less to do with Trump and more to do with isolating Russia and making it hard for Trump to work with Russia, for embarrassing them in front of the entire world, over Syria. They are foaming at the mouth mad about getting B-slapped by Russia in Syria. And to that I say, great!

My belief is Pompeo was chosen by Trump specifically to try to clean house when it comes to the CIA's nefarious activities in Syria (which was the genesis behind their "Red Scare" narrative). Given his beliefs/history, Pompeo will probably be a polar opposite when it comes to financing/arming/training terrorists in Syria, and will probably start to shift intelligence operations away from those activities. And I would expect certain elements within the intelligence community who have been trying to create a hostile environment between the U.S. and Russia along with trying to destroy Trump over the Syria thing will be sent packing.

Note that I am not a fan of Trump's position (and Pompeo's position) on Snowden, the NSA and other like issues, but hopefully, when Trump assumes the captain's chair, he'll start to fully understand how rogue these intelligence agencies have become. Since he was the target of their attacks, he'll carry at least a healthy skepticism toward their activities and maybe harbor a little grudge against them, which will be all the better for us. At very least, he might be willing to fight them head on, instead of cowering before them, like Congress. I think that is why Trump has some support around the country. He digs in, stands toe to toe and scraps with those who are against him.

hahahahahahaha, good one!
Wait, you are kidding, aren't you? Because my inner Captain Obvious would like to state that budgets aren't constant, they get cut or inflated all the time, that government agencies may have layoffs, and they must show that they need money and people, i.e. lobby their interests. Adequacy of a budget to the task, is it proper or not, is a subject of opinion. "Intelligence" agencies would gladly tell you that martians are planning to attack you if they could get away with it.

1 Like

hahahaha dis meme

5 Likes

Reporter: where is the evidence? there is nothing in the report.
US spokesman: We can't tell you that. You just have to trust us. It's for your own security.

Evidence Russia's hacking US election?

not entirely sure how that's relevant to your own thread

Some of you are still stuck on the whole left v right issue. Stop looking at personal opinions and which party you agree with and start looking at the facts.

It's just a propaganda campaign that's going on and the facts are already out there proving it wrong and the most recent buzzfeed report as false.

The facts are is that the only proof they have is that a Russian IP address was found connected to the hack (means nothing we all know this about IPs) SOME of the language in the attack was Russian not even all of it. And finally the time zone in which it happened was Russian. Which if you know that could be almost half of the Asian continent.

So regardless of who or what you believe in look at the facts. This is a smear campaign. We're just bringing up old propaganda to hate big bad commie Putin.

1 Like

Got a link? I'd like to listen to that!

And once again, the best way for them to do that is to attack the president?

You're also forgetting that Trump's pick for CIA director is in favor of surveillance state. These people are all the same and Trump is no different. In fact he's worse because he's planning on being openly corrupt. Do you think that an openly corrupt president can afford to piss off the intelligence agencies by denying them money?

You've used the same sentence ("attack the president ") how many times already? How do you mean? What attacks are you talking about? At the moment all they did was feed him the same shit they fed to all the previous potuses. It's just a brainwashing, not " attacks". If you're talking about that fake report leaked to buzzfeed, well, I'm pretty sure there still are hrc supporters in these agencies, and that's very likely their doing. Recalling tantrums they threw when hrc lost, I'm not surprised.

i'm not really trying to lambaste the OP, but this is obviously not what the Hacking section is for.

Intelligence agents being loyal to a politically dead dynasty? That's career suicide 101.

Agree and the media pouring petrol on trump and lighting the match is either win or lose....

The guy gets the chance now to be a leader and set a track record for I dont know 6 months as the actual president. Then judge his actions.

You can always have another revolt... Just dont let the idiots in the media start it.

Here you go. Many interesting podcasts here.

The main issue here has nothing to do with hacking.
The us tactics to destabilise other countries or "spreading democracy" like they like to call it are failing (Syria). So the reaction is to blame the same old enemy (without evidence).
Why not show evidence? That would only hurt them even more. Their modus operandi is secrecy.

3 Likes

I actually tried listening to that as soon as it came out, but it turns out Kasparovs way of thinking is so limited it's not even funny. And mr. Harris, for all the smarts that he has, fails to call out some obvious fallacies. I don't even think it's on purpose, they just both belong to a caste that simply doesn't know about how certain things function down below. They think they do, though, so they arrive at the wrong conclusions.

In fact I first heard of Sam Harris when the video of him as a guest in TYT came out (when he almost completely destroyed Cenk Uygur in a debate). It was a good show, I really feel like I share about 50-70% of Sams views on things, and a good portion of his methodology of thinking... But when I listen to him speak, he almost always fails to follow through on his train of thought with simple logic, and never hits the nail on the head. And that's because following through would turn his views upside down. Or maybe he just doesn't know or doesn't believe some facts about how the world works. Or maybe he does know but willingly ignores it.

He was probably being nice for the sake of the interview. Some of his interviews turn into painful arguments, since neither side understand the opposing point of view and are unwilling to concede.

I am not sure what you mean about failing to understand how things work down below.

Getting real close.

Aww but I want to find out if its lizard men, or something to do with Australia.

Australlia is run by marsupials and the Platypus thats an alien.. Lock vault 101 !