Lenovo driver hell! (Help?)

Mainly posting to complane but also to possibly get some advice.

I dug out an old Lenovo ideapad that needed a refresh before I used it. So as you do I re-installed windows. All initialy went well (Although apparently it is only a 32 bit machine, oh well) Everything installed nicely and after removing the windows games already I started spotting problems.

Missing touchscreen controlls, battery indecator, audio, SD card reader, Camera

So obviosly the Lenovo driver to connect to the “Tablet components” was not there.

OK update, Failed
Manual generic driver install, Failed
All lenovo drivers i found, Failed
Lenovos own system dyagnostics, Failed (Dit get the TPM working though)

I am skint out of ideas.

I would be tempted to use it as a regular laptop with no touch and bluetooth audio but having no battery indecator is a killer.

What windows version? Was everything you’ve downloaded from lenovo’s site?

Windoes 10 32 bit (Freshly made USB installer)

Tried everything I could find on the lenovo web site and even let their software detect my hardware setup and recoment what I need.

Then I tried e few thigs external to Lenovo

First thing I would try would be any sort of chipset or motherboard driver for that model. Do you get an error code, BSOD, or anything that could indicate what the installation issue is?

As far as the laptop is concerned it thinks everything is A-OK. It dose not seem to think it has any devices attached that it dose not have access to.

I will have a look again based on the tearms you have sujested rather than just trying to get indervidual componants working

Nope, That failed. Ok time to look for a new idea

I have a Think Pad e595 that I tried to “restore” Windows 10 on.
Using the instructions and the drivers supplied directly from Lenovo. Wasted the better part of two days with no joy.

While the Linux install was no problem at all.

1 Like

I will give a linux install a go. I went with windows in the first place thinking that it would result in less driver issues :smiley:

Go download a tool called 3dpchip. I use it to get drivers on weird d via chipsets and stuff. It searches on driverCAB

And no windows will always end up in driver issues. If you want a working machine go with the os that has all the drivers to whatever the hell you could possibly use pre-packed

3 Likes

HOLY HELL IT WORKED!

Thanks for that it found what i was looking for

For reffrence (If anyone has this issue in the future) https://www.3dpchip.com/new/driver/sub/21/mb.html?d=intel_s3&o=10032&l=2057

1 Like