Lenovo 480s and LG 34GP83A-B

Hey gang,

I need a recommendation on perhaps a new USB-C to DisplayPort cable/adapter and/or a Thunderbolt docking station.

The reason being is that I think my Lenovo 480s laptop doesn’t like to display anything over 100hz on my new LG 34GP83A-B monitor.

I’ve learned this after receiving a new DP 1.4 KVM (single monitor) and running into this issue. I’ve confirmed that my desktop reaches 160hz with this cable with no problem but not this laptop.

For reference… I’m using a new USB-C to Display Port 1.4 cable from Cable matters and I have confirmed that it works at 160hz when plugged into the USB-C port on my Asus Strix 2070.

Here is a link to the cable in case it helps:

I’ve also confirmed this laptop can support up to 165hz using a USB-IF Certified Cable Matters 10 Gbps Gen 2 USB C to USB C Cable when connected to my old monitor (Gigabyte M27Q) which supports up to 170hz.

I even tried the dock that comes with this laptop and it’s still limited to 100hz when using DP…

Here is a link to that docking station for reference: ThinkPad Ultra Docking Station - Overview and Service Parts - Lenovo Support US

That being said… I would like to get my monitor running at least up to 144hz if possible and don’t mind using a thunderbolt docking station for easy switching in the meantime.

Thanks again for all the help!

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.