Legal Form for Computer Repair

Hello, 

Recently I've convinced my boss to let me start computer repair out of the store I work at (it's a small retail store for cell phones) I was always the guy that repaired cell phones and I convinced her that there's a real profit to be taken in computer repairs (virus removal being the biggest one, but also hardware repair/replacement).

I've been doing this on my own for years, but with it being at an actual business I see the need to get some sort of legal document to have the customer sign that protects us in some sort of legal fashion. The biggest issue I see would be loss of data, where I've always been very careful, she's talking about bringing people on and I don't know how experienced they are. 

So here's my question, do y'all have any sort of generic legal document that you have your customers sign? Is there one that I could use that's already been done up? Is it worth paying someone to write one up/take the time to write one myself? 

Many thanks,

Jake

simple forum saying that we are cannot be held responsible for lost personal data from work performed is an easy out. a more complicated out is listing all of the work you will be performing and  having a statement saying that  if something goes wrong with virus removal  transfer of files from one hdd to another  we will do our best to recover them but can not give  a 100% guarantee that  it will be successful and in the event of failure we are not liable for any information lost.   or something along those lines.  im not a legal guru but sometimes keep it simple for the stupid works best.

Banana guy's repair shop

Banana guy's repair shop , and all employees and staff , are not to be hold resposible for data loss or dammage  that occurs during any of the following tasks , these include , but  are not limmited to : Virus removal , PC upgrades , etc .

We will do our best to recuperate any lost data , but we can not guarantee it .

A proper warning about data loss should also be given , and when I did pc repairs / removals , I always gave back the old hdd in an external enclosure as an option if I was upgrading , EG to an ssd , and I would have a big ~2-3 TB hdd that you back up the hole HDD that you are cleaning of viruses .

You can of course charge the user a little extra for the external enclosure or the backing up of the files .

PS, I would modify the above , as I used something similar , but I don't have the paper .

Thanks guys, this is great

If you google "computer repair waiver" you get a tone of PDF examples, such as.....

http://www.unb.ca/its/_resources/pdf/computer-repair-agreement-waiver.pdf