Learn Blender with us!

yeah it was when I discovered compositor, and kinda went nuts on it.

3 Likes

Depth data loading ā€¦ 100%
Post Processing Algorithms ā€¦ Nominal Efficiency
Node Graphs Propogating ā€¦ Trees Reconstructed

Activate Anime Zoom Effect? (y/n)

3 Likes

i still havent finished my character model from a while ago :sweat:

1 Like

While I am still spamming.

Reddit seemed to like this one.

Had lots of fun doing this ones, but boolean modifiers trashed my topology, so couldnā€™t make it look nice close up.

First rig.

again went nuts with Post-FXā€¦

PUHRTICLES!

Tried to do Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R, the topology ended up too bad for subsurf, so probably gonna redo from scratch.

Thatā€™s about all I got to show.

7 Likes

Edge Crease FTW! (have a look at the transform panel, add a subsurf and play with the values while you have edges selected.)

1 Like

I hear booleans have improbed a lot, but what I typically do is quadrilateral loop cuts to retain the quads, then modify the geometry by scaling faces and setting angles

2 Likes

Akchually few more:

Lowpoly guns

Blender Internal, very old render. I followed Blender Guru tut. I think this might be one of my first renders.

And then thereā€™s this weeb shit:

2 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s not the problem, the problem is density and how I connected hood to the sides, and some details done prematurely.

1 Like

you sill donā€™t want to use them, if you want to have any kind of topology afterwardsā€¦Like I admit it They are sometimes useful, but I usually have to discard most of the emerged topology to continue working with the model

1 Like

yeah I donā€™t use them, Iā€™ve just heard blender handles them less badly now

1 Like

More work on this thing. I like the materials, and the overall idea of the design, but I think Iā€™m going to scale back the top like suggested, and add more details to the bottom of the hilt.

Got a good beam by uing a super strong emitter (45) inside of a glass tube with .5 roughness. Gives it the softness I wanted. Online tuts only had the emission.

3 Likes

maybe mix in a weak volumetric on the blade to get that corona effect, and add an ovoid emitter in the hilt guard

1 Like

I did the blade in compositor. Bloom and stuff.

1 Like

Welp, time to look up what those things do and how to use them.

1 Like

I was replying to the other person making a lightsaber

1 Like

ones a stretched sphere emitter, just to fill out the guard a bit

for volumetric you just go into the node tree for the material, set the material, then link it to the volumetric output with a larger cylinder that will add more bounces to the light coming out of the glass tube, preferably at a very low strength and anistropy perpendicular to the source

1 Like

I know, I meant it as another way to replicate the effect.

1 Like

ah gotcha

1 Like

Ohhh, I understand. Make the cage look like itā€™s capturing more light, and have a larger area for the light to bounce off of on the blade to give it the bloom.

Thanks. Iā€™ll work on those. I prefer doing all I can in the model before using the compositor.

1 Like

Yeah, ā€œfix it in postā€ is a drink of the coward

a weak ambient volumetric would actually give you a really satisfying ā€œgod rayā€ effect out of the guard, too.

also, if you arenā€™t already using it, flimic blender with the log encoding base will give you way more dynamic range to play with on emitters

1 Like