Learn Blender with us!

e522622c71b9126953d9ad793abea06249017d48_1_720x405

I’ve never had anything I’ve rendered turn to this from having quads. If the geometry was in quads when you rendered it, those shouldn’t be tris.

1 Like

That’s coz u never streach quads like I did.

They turn quads to tris precisely for this reason. There are configurations where 4 verts (read quad) can’t be be on the same plane. While for tris the 3 verts that made them can always lay on 1 same plane. Hence why they convert quads to tris.

1 Like

So, I animated my original fur ball render. Each frame took 43 minutes with a total of 120 frames. over 80 hours of rendering.

Here’s a lower sized .gif of it.
Untitled2
And if you have wallpaper engine, I uploaded it to the Workshop. It is at 1080p with some light motion blur.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1521503423

4 Likes

RIP your PC.

1 Like

Animation courtesy of the Molecular Script Add-on for Blender.

3 Likes

I miss animated wallpapers…It so 2000’s

Might even been the 90’s

Reworked my avatar to have a santa hat

avatar%20hatted%20-%20Gif%2025fps

5 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like

I just now found this thread! :slightly_smiling_face: Let’s wake it from it’s slumber! Here is something I made recently (small version):

3 Likes

That’s really nice! I haven’t done much hard surface modelling as of late.

1 Like

this one was actually made with a really easy trick. I used the wireframe modifier. :wink:

Going to Bookmark this, want to learn how to do this! Great thread!

2 Likes

Took awhile to figure out how to get stars right because by default these space panoramas are really blurry and adjusting location starts to warp

Solved that by mixing two pictures, and overlaying stars with noise+color ramp which gives this illusion that its sharper

and I would still like to get rid of that gamma effect from bright spots, so the scene gets really vibrant

2 Likes

Absolutely no idea what the setting is doing but its darker now :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Does anybody have any idea how would you create atmosphere like this Pluto picture is showing?

I suppose it has to be volumetric, but how do I get it to bloom light from tiny source so I get these dark side pictures?

1 Like

Skim around until you get to that part. He does a day/night side.

2 Likes

That results like this

and found some eevee guide which turns out like this

I started yesterday and here is my donut tutorial result :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This stuff is fun, made this today. Texture could do with some work, just did a quick hack job

8 Likes

Next part almost finished… just a quick preview render.

5 Likes