Leaked Ryzen benchmarks, "comparable to Intel 6800k"

I think that the image in the video was mistaken. Both are referencing the 6C/12T part, but it is called the R5, not the R7 iirc. Either way, same chipc. Just a stupid naming scheme.

So this is huge news. Hot damn

That is what I have been telling you. Don't buy a cpu for the next few weeks.

It is a 6 core part. It isn't the 8 core.

The 1600X is a 6 core. There is some debate over whether it was the 1600X or the 1500. The 1500 is also a 6 core but is 65W and doesn't have XFR.

Yeah i know that, but the preview image on the video wasnt corresponding with the title of the video.
The X versions indeed have the XFR build in, the non x versions dont.
IĀ“m exally wondering if the non x chips are actually locked or unlocked.
I mean if non x means that they are locked, then those lower tdp numbers make perfect sense.

Didnt they say every chip will be unlocked out of the gate? All you would need is an OCable mobo.

Prob just a mistake on the video.

All Ryzen CPUs are unlocked. AMD has said that themselves. Some just have XFR and others don't.

Might be idk, but basiclly for just a few bucks more,
most people would most likely pickup a X version anyways.
Unless they look for a power efficient system.

Every chip is unlocked. The X ones support the XFR which is like auto overclocking, and come with a better cooler.

1 Like

They all are unlocked....

The non X versions use less power and are cooler but they are also cheaper.

TBH I think buying a non X version is a better idea if you're gonna OC. Cheaper and you can manually OC yourself anyway so why not? Binning is probably not very good though so prob won't OC as high

Was gonna say this. Everyone eill just add an aftermarket cooler anyway. And auto OC isnt perfect. Better to learn to do it manually eventually.

Speaking of aftermarket cooler. Will the NZXT x62 wok with am4 mobo?

Ah okay kinda like the FX - e models sorta.

A lot of people buy the parts meant for overclocking and then never actually overclock. So I like XFR. We will have to wait to see how well it actually performs though.

I have heard rumors of X parts being available for $20 cheaper if you don't ge tthe cooler with it. So that would be the best option if you are planning on OCing yourself.

Yup. Newer X62s should come with the AM4 bracket. NZXT is also offering AM4 brackets as well for free.

Yup. Lower bin, lower power, cheaper

Yeah, lower clocked, less heat output, doesn't support XFR becuase (I assume) they won't clock as well since they are lower binned.

That's probably how they created them.

"Ohh this one doesn't OC well. Make it a 65W non XFR part."

Would be silly to have XFR on chips that weren't good OCers.

Hmm yeah well if the R5-1600X is going to be close to a 6800K for less then $300,-,
like some of the rumors state.
Then that is going to put me in a pretty difficult spot haha.
6800K currently still costs me ā‚¬450,- if i went out and buy now.

This bomb drops when im literally days away from purchasing all my parts. What is life?

Could get the cpu and the mobo for that kind of money. Looks like that mobo isn't doing you much good anymore.

Maybe Intel will drop prices in response. I doubt it since they are greedy bastards, but maybe.

Lucky is what you are.

1 Like