League of Linux

I was talking to people about playing league on linux earlier today so I wanted to see what different people’s experience was with the game in their environments. What their hardware is, how it all works for them, and even how they installed the game.

So for me, I have a xeon 1225V3, 16GB ram, and an RX580 running Xubuntu 17.10 and have installed the game over Lutris. The game seems to sit around 30 FPS for me after being in the rift for a while, and the game over all plays OK, though it gets really jittery, so I mostly play ARAM’s now. I still have fun, I just wish I could play on the rift… IDRK if I can impove performance at all, but I’m reinstalling the game right now since theres been changes to the lutris installer via @GloriousEggroll in all of his glory.

Anyways, how is you summoner’s games going? Did you hit Diamond this season at least?

I’ve always found in unplayable. I tried to get into DOTA 2, as that runs natively on GNU/Linux, but I just know League to well to be bothered to relearn everything!

1 Like