Launching programs via RUN or Command shell gives different output?

I was at a job site, and ran into an interesting dilemma.   Is the RUN command the same as typing the command into the command shell? 

For instance,  does "RUN" start from a different directory then the Command shell prompt for the same command?

For instance I want to start a program that copy's  users data to another machine via a gigabit link (that was the procedure)    to the new machine.  It says on the cheat sheet to launch the program :

• "launch "copy my floppy.exe" via run command" on old XPPRO machine
  • "launch "copy my floppy.exe" via run command" on new Win7PRO machine

If I launch the command shell,  and type in that same command after the prompt comes up,  will the same command entered in the run command behave differently  in the command shell or have a different output?  

I was told that (and I tried this on my machine and the machines on site and got the same result) that it will fail to function.

I tried to ask others on line and on YouTube and just kind of got the swishy- washy.

My next step is to ask Microsoft. 

Really, this is not a big deal as I walked off the contract after just about oh... OHSA HIPPA, EEOC Racism, etc.

I think I will go make a video about it after I decide weather I should file a complaint, or just let this one go.  

Sucks having to put your values over money. 

AS far as running programs or commands there's not much difference. Normally I would use run if I wanted to run things quick but I prefer CMD at any other point as I can see what's going on with the program while its running. As far as I know it doesn't matter at all.

For instance,  does "RUN" start from a different directory then the Command shell prompt for the same command?

I don't think so. The difference that I know is that Run will always execute as admin while cmd can be launched with or without admin rights. For example, Windows 8 by default runs everything in admin approval mode so cmd will be launched with user rights unless you disable it.