Laptop suggestion for University Student

Costco sells these now. And from what I hear they are a better deal then from Lenovo.

Sears also has a lot of Lenovo stuff online, but I don’t know about in store. This is important to know because Sears is putting huge deals on stuff as they are closing stores.

I am a fan of Chrombooks as well ,but if she is doing music production and recording I would stay away from ChromeOS.

OSX or Windows is where most industry specific tools are.

Stuff like pro tools, final cut, cakewalk, reason are OSX centric.

1 Like

To add on to your point
Recent touchbar pros have issues with keyboard randomly dying
I’d go with a thinkpad or a xps
1 Like

Every product has some failures, if it was a huge deal it would be unmissable in the news because well, it’s Apple.

Eh, have you seen how media reports on apple?

The new iphone 7, now with 100% less headphone jack. It’s AMAZING!

Yes, they report on everything related to Apple in excruciating detail. That certainly includes negative news!

The negativity definitely has rose-tinted glasses on it though.

Depends on what you read. Apple bashing gets clicks too.

Maybe I’m just frustrated by the bias in reporting?

everything apple does is shit!

vs

everything apple does is wonderful!

There’s a bias in both of those.

2 Likes

It absolutely does, the negative stories are just as breathless as the positive ones. Remember antennagate, “you’re holding it wrong”? What about the more recent battery scandal, where all the news sites had stories about Apple deliberately slowing down old phones? Saying that the media overall has a pro-Apple bias is pretty silly. The truth is that Apple is a huge player in the industry and it has tons of fanboys, so they get a lot of coverage.