Laptop monitor replacement

About a year ago I bought a Dell Vostro 5470 laptop, which back then seemed like a good idea. It was listed on canonical's site of supported hardware and I was a linux beginner at the time.

I have no problems with it's speed, but the screen is annoyingly UGLY! Its a TN panel that has a resolution of 1366x768 pixels, and man I hate that thing, its 14" so kind of rare in the market.

Do you people think that I could replace it with something else? I've seen they sell IPS panels of this size but I'm not that into hadware to know which one would work with my laptop. If there is such a thing which one would you pick?

Probably the display connector is proprietary (or if you find one with the same connector the wiring internally may be different) and the power circuit can't drive a more pixel packed screen or an IPS one but it's a tight fit to drive just the panel that it's shipped with.

Ya, you're pretty much screwed unless you do something crazy, like replace it with a USB Display

Your only real chance of being able to do something like that practically is if there was a version of your exact model with an IPS display, If not, then there really isn't anything you can do.