Lan Syndicate: The Community, The Network, The Epic Weekend | Tek Syndicate

You guys had so much fun! I am definitely not missing out on LAN Syndicate: Round Two

when I see my drone footage in there

timestamped

6 Likes

Congrats on the successful event! Looks like it was everyone was having a great time!

1 Like

This looks like fun. I really would have liked to join, but I'm broke and couldn't afford the 16 hour flight. But I'm glad you had a great time. Kind regards to all the tekkies I've missed. Cheers!

we need to do this on the east coast now. im thinking V.A or M.D

I see a lot of LAN parties hired from universities you could try that if you want. We have RFlan near me their are at a uni and they can fit over 1000 people.

and with partners there are a lot of computer shops in AU im sure one of them could.

Ugh I wish I coulda gone, but money... Maybe next time. I can take my back up pc, unless it dies in which case a new back up pc. Cause screw lifting my big one.

maybe next time, have a local cache of installer files that everyone can access via the lan

like, here, here copy this folder if your joining Tournament X
copy from the lan may be easier and faster than over the internet connection

I really know the difference and feel of a proper LAN party, but for all of us on several ends of the world, maybe we could have a WANSyndicate at some point? (maybe focusing on games that can manage awful ping like turn-based?)
That looked like a whole lot of fun and I'm kinda jelly I'm on the other side of the continent...

2 Likes

Right on. Looks like i'll have to sell a kidney to fly from Australia to the next one!

Yes! My back and left headphone made it in there! So glad they put the footage of @Solomance getting the implant in the video :D

1 Like

I love gaming too and also blow at gaming. Our CS go team got beat 16 to 0.. Talk about sorry lol

Time of my life! Wish I could do it all over again!

We actually had that stuff almost ready... even had a server built for it, but we wasted too much time troubleshooting Comcast.

3 Likes

welll poopey
comcrap strikes again

2 Likes

Love that you did this!
Even though it wasn't possible for so many to attend being a worldwide audience (UK for me) it was well worth the obvious community you had there.

Proper Job

haha, im at the end installing ram :p

1 Like

I've been waiting this video. Very cool and I am soooooo jealous that I live on the other side of the Atlantic ... Let's hope that one of the next editions will be in Europe...
Just one small note for the video - WHY SO SHOOORT?

1 Like

This video was great. It shows everything that is good about the tech and gaming community.

I still go to LANs every now and then in a friends garage, or host a couple of people myself, it's always great fun.

Given the right set of circumstances I would totally fly from AU to a LAN Syndicate. I love you guys.