Lag / Sensitivity impact on mouse through KVM. (+FIX)

I moved the mouse dongle off the KVM and straight into my PC and I still have weird latency issues. I wonder if this is not mouse related, but actually framerate.

Logitech software qa/qc has done down hill since lightning and bolt fwiw. The ancient unifying receivers are stable. But not terribly secure. If I had to pick bolt of lightning id pick lightning probably.

It’s not always easy to tell it’s got the right firmware either

trying out a different, non-wireless mouse to see if it’s related to the mouse at all. I think you might be right.

It’s definitely the wireless mouse. I have no problem with this new mouse. This is really weird honestly. Why would the KVM suddenly be causing such interference?

It’s not the kvm… its (possibly) usb3… the kvm has an all metal case, which is a faraday cage for interference. RF emissions it don’t.

It’s also possibly something else… have you confirmed the wireless mouse returns to normal with no kvm plugged in? I bet if you juggle usb3 peripherals/where they’re plugged in, or a usb3 hub, the issue resurfaces.

generally sticking the wireless receiver at the end of a usb extension cable by itself works really well. That’s why logitech bundled those cables when usb3 first showed up, for almost a decade… this is (potentially) just usb things… nothing to do with the kvm…

Resurrecting this thread as i ran into the same issue.
I noticed two things, that have recently started happening:

1. On occasion the mouse sensitivity drops for a couple of seconds. 1-2 times a minute
  2. Key presses on the keyboard are sometimes not detected (mostly when other keys were already pressed, nthough ot thoroughly tested yet)

Mouse sensitivity drops did not occur when (the dongle) connected directly to the pc.

Setup
I have the km switch

• mouse connected to hid port (razer viper ultimate)
    The dongle is connected to the dock, at the end of the cable.
  • keyboard (logitec g15), connected to hid port
  • webcam, connected to usb 3 port

2 devices connected, only one turned on.

Attempts to fix:

1. Usual stuff (restart, reconnect etc.)
  2. Change mouse settings, dpi etc.
  3. Disconnect km switch (problem “resolved”)
  4. Mouse roaming on/off toggle (when mouse roaming is on, the issue is ‘gone’, indicating again that this is a software issue with the connected machine.

Not tried yet:

1. System restore
  2. Polling rate to 500hz (how to do this for all devices)
  3. Fresh windows install

I am recently getting an amd (adrenaline) popup about a “driver timeout”. This seems to be related to a driver issue.

I really want to identify the cause of this issue. I can easily do a fresh install, but without a guarantee that this will not appear again. Not planning on reinstalling often.

Drivers are the likely culprit here, but i am not sure how to fix that.
Any good way to remove and reinstall drivers?

This just started happening to me as well. Logitech Wireless Pro X Superlight 2. The change in my system was a new monitor. If I’m understanding correctly it would appear the new monitor is somehow interfering with the wireless dongles signal causing lag and changing the wireless report rate won’t correct it but I’m going to give it a try.