L1Techs 2x2 DP1.4 KVM question

Hey folks,

I got my new KVM a couple months ago and it’s super awesome…except for one problem.

On my gaming computer (Win10) it seems like at the login screen after a reboot, the USB hub in the KVM isn’t recognized - I can’t log in using the keyboard or move the mouse or anything. The mouse is definitely getting power (all the fancy lights are on) and once I log in, the KVM works great!

This doesn’t seem to be a problem with other OSes - I never have a problem logging into my Linux machine(s), and once I’ve logged in everything seems to work fine even at the lock screen. Is there some driver I need to install, or button I need to push or setting I need to twiddle somewhere to make this work after a reboot without plugging a keyboard into the computer directly (which while not super awful is a continual low-key annoyance)?

Thanks friends!

have one, dont have the similar issue, only at reboot? What about sleep?

Just tried it out - sleep seems to come back fine, so it’s just at startup. Weird issue.

laptop? or you have to direct plug in to login? You try different USB ports? Different generations of ports 2.0/3.0/3.1 etc

This is a desktop - it’s a motherboard with a smorgasbord of different USB ports, so I’ll try different ports and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn’t thought of that.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.