L1T Best Game of 2017 with Poll for Posterity - WINNER: NIeR: Automata. See ya next year!

This is a good point. I don’t think I’ve paid attention to advertisements for games in years. Granted, the occasional trailer when a game is announced. The last time I really paid attention to trailers or whatever was a tech demo of Source Engine for HL2. Most recommendations I pick up are from small talk with @Ace2020boyd or other folks. I find that going into games mostly blind helps.

A lot of people really enjoy this game. I’ve nearly bought it a couple times but abandoned the cart after watching gameplay. Maybe one day I’ll pull the trigger but when I see a third person perspective and lots of fighting mechanics, I’m usually out on the game.

Sorry, breh. Breath of the Wild had me at the start but lost me after having played for 25-30 hours.

I’ve had some great fun with that game on the occasion. Mainly with friends. When I queue with myself it’s not the same…then again friends make most multiplayer games better.

Voted for the only two games I’ve played on these lists.

Both came with my GPU actually, although I wanted both of them so I’ve got that going for me, which is nice.

1 Like

Seeing as how there are probably a bunch of people out celebrating new years instead of being on the forum, I’ll close the polls early evening of 1/1 then post the final decision maker. Everyone have a happy new year and here’s to better games in the future!

If you played Hand Of Fate 1 you have played Hand Of Fate 2… Also half of those are DLCs and Ass Ass in Creed is the same as always, soooo…

The sad fact is, the best game I have played this year is a re-release… Bayonetta, but I haven’t played a lot of other games on the list, so there’s that… I want to try Okami before I vote for the old game or the older game.

Yeah, I noticed that there were a lot of DLC on the list. Metacritic is a bit weird with how it lists the games on it’s site.

The winners from all divisions are in the poll below.

Pick the L1T GOTY starting NOW

• Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds
  • NIeR: Automata
  • Prey
  • South Park: The Fractured but Whole
  • EVERSPACE

0 voters

Can I just say screw all the above and vote Witcher 3? just finished the heart of stone DLC and dear god that has better story telling than all the games that came out this year combined… and I still have to play the Blood and Wine DLC! Shut up and take all my money CDPR!!

p.s. I will never say pubg is a good game because the performance issues are just sad, until then your still a beta game to me.

If it were 2015, I could see that being a possibility lol same with the Heart of the Stone DLC. Serious game lag :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve never experienced horrid performance. Plays just fine for me. That said, I’ve only ever enjoyed the game when playing with my brothers and a few of my friends. I’ve tried to solo queue and the game lot a lot of it’s entertainment value for me. Not my GOTY but it has it’s moments.

Can’t argue there!

For racing nothing tops iRacing.

This is what I’ve heard and seen. Impressive simulation.

well damn. by a hair. lol

1 Like

Yay for Nier!

1 Like

I demand a recount! What? This isn’t a democracy? Oh… NVM.

1 Like

It’s a blast… this was my 2nd race at Summit Point this past week. Not a great finish but decent points for the week:

I stream virtually every actual race I run including practice session before.

Do you play with a racing wheel and pedals?

You HAVE to have wheel and pedals. Its far more into the sim territory than game territory.

1 Like

Which wheel do you run? I’m on the G920, but I find that not being able to “feel” the car shift through turns and react to bumps/throttle really hinders my experience. When I go racing IRL, I can feel the car so much better that it really discourages me from touching the sim.

What do you run in real life? I have an used G27 I use. Try playing around with the FFB settings, you can make them stronger. Also make sure you are running the logitech software and allow iRacing to run the show.

'94 miata. SC to 260WHP.

My issue isn’t so much the FFB (which I think is bang-on), but something that can’t be fixed. The G-forces exerted on my body when I’m in the car. IDK if it’s just because I need to spend more time in the sim or not, but when I run any of my cars I feel like I’m one with the car, feeling the road through it and knowing how close to the limit each corner is based on what I can only explain as intuition.

Track day/DE car? Fully caged? I’ve worked a fair bit of DE’s, primarily Road Atlanta but also Atlanta Motorsports Park and Atlanta Motorspeedway.

Understand how you don’t get that feel… I know more then a few racers who can’t do iRacing because they don’t feel things.