L1T Best Game of 2017 with Poll for Posterity - WINNER: NIeR: Automata. See ya next year!

Final round of voting has begun! Click the link below to pick a finalist to determine L1T GOTY!

L1T Best Game of 2017 with Poll for Posterity - Finalists Are Ready for Last Poll

Old Stuff

All games taken from top 100 PC game releases metacritic. Each poll has 20 choices. You vote once for each poll. At 1 AM or so the best from each division get put into one more poll to determine L1T Best Game of 2017.

Happy New Year! :christmas_tree::evergreen_tree::sparkles::wine_glass::cocktail::tropical_drink::beer::beers::clinking_glasses::gift::sparkler::fireworks::confetti_ball::tada::balloon::tanabata_tree:

Division 1
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2
  • Okami HD
  • Bayonetta
  • Lone Echo
  • F1 2017
  • Rez Infinite
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
  • XCOM 2: War of the Chosen
  • Cuphead
  • Night in the Woods
  • Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood
  • West of Loathing
  • Raw Data
  • Galatic Civilizations III: Crusade
  • Total War: WARHAMMER II
  • Hollow Knight
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
  • Robo Recall
  • Paradigm
  • PlayerUnknown’s Battlebrounds

0 voters

Division 2

• Injustice 2
  • SteamWorld Dig 2
  • Battlerite
  • Project CARS 2
  • Starcraft Remastered
  • Planescape: Torment - Enchanced Edition
  • L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files
  • Rakuen
  • Nex Machina: Death Machine
  • Assassin’s Creed Origins
  • NIeR: Automata
  • The End is Nigh
  • Destiny 2
  • Thimbleweed Park
  • Detention
  • Finding Paradise
  • Hellblade: Seuna’s Sacrifice
  • Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire
  • Bleed 2
  • The Sexy Brutale

0 voters

Division 3

• The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd
  • Gorogoa
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Nioh
  • Resident Evil 7
  • Dark Souls III: The Ringed City
  • Tekken 7
  • Stellaris _Utopia
  • Football Manager 2018
  • Pyre
  • Super Hydorah
  • Forza Motorsport 7
  • Prey
  • Darkest Dungeon: The Crimson Court
  • She Remembered Caterpillars
  • Torment: Tides of Numenera
  • Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
  • High Hell
  • Reigns: Her Majesty
  • Slime Rancher

0 voters

Division 4

• Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
  • Little Nightmares
  • FORM
  • The Evil Within 2
  • FIFA 18
  • South Park: The Fractured But Whole
  • Stories Untold
  • Antihero
  • Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
  • The Elder Scrolls: Legends
  • Endless Space 2
  • Hand of Fate 2
  • Tooth and Tail
  • Flinthook
  • Battle Brothers
  • Faeria
  • Darkwood
  • Zwei: The Llvard Insurrection
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
  • The Inner World: The Last Wind Monk

0 voters

Division 5

• The Sims 4: Cats & Dogs
  • Nidhogg 2
  • Life Is Strange: Before the Storm
  • Ys Seven
  • Fallout 4 VR
  • Tales of Berseria
  • Splasher
  • Wilson’s Heart
  • Battle Chasers: Nightwar
  • Heat Signature
  • Hearthstone: Journey to Un’Goro
  • A Hat in Time
  • EVERSPACE
  • Vanquish
  • The Disney Afternoon Collection
  • Bridge Constructor Portal
  • Observer
  • Sniper Elite 4
  • Ken Follett’s The Pillars of Earth
  • DIRT 4

0 voters

If you voted foe one of each have this: :cookie: Happy New Year!

2 Likes

Do votes bump the thread? I have no idea lol. Is there a way we can keep this near the top for the next 24-48 hours or so…or I suppose those who vote can leave a reply to bump it. idk lol.

I haven’t played any of these games.

4 Likes

lol maybe I will add one more division for folks like you…one moment lol

EDIT: Can’t add or remove polls after first 5 minutes.

You have not played at least one of those games. Well, then! What did you play?

I haven’t played a single game released in 2017.

I have played FONV, FO4, CrossCode, Borderlands, Borderlands 2, GTAV, Civ 5, the OG SWBF2, Dishonored, and some other things here and there this year.

I haven’t played anything other than Pokemon in the past two weeks.

2 Likes

I’m with w.meri here, haven’t played any of this (well, actually FFXIV Stormblood and it’s good, but not a standalone game). Cuphead looked pretty nice on PGP stream though (but no game for me).

1 Like

TBH I have played a handful of them…but let’s say 2017 hasn’t exactly been a stellar year for games. lol

1 Like

tbh I chose forza but god I hate the loot box and the bugs, the racing is pretty good though but once im back in the main menu im like “ughh this UI again”

1 Like

Just checked, some of the games I remember for beeing good are from 2016 or 2015

1 Like

Join the club. I don’t think I’ve played a racing game outside of Mario Kart since Ridge Racer on the PS1 XD

Some of the games in that list from Metacritic came out back then but the ‘official’ release was this year. Early Access games mess everything up.

last racing game I felt was worth it was Forza 4, hated the fact Porche was a DLC but it had so much content anyways that I didnt need it. now I too play mario kart and need for speed 3 hot pursuit and most wanted

1 Like

Right now, the only games I’m really looking forward to next year is Anthem (maybe) and Mount and Blade 2. System Shock remake could be good but I really want to wait until SS3 has more details since Spector is behind that one…other than that…I can’t think of any 2018 games that really pop out at me.

Personally not looking forward to Anthem at all for the sole reason that it’s EA and they’re going to fuck up the gaming experience 100% by microtransactions.
Also the trailer looks a lot like everything Destiny has.

It does and that worries me. This would be the 1st EA game in a long time I may pay for. If there is not a persistent world, I’m probably out. It looks persistent though. Time will tell but for now, I lurk and hope for the best.

To be honest the game that i played most this year is Guild Wars 2. The Path of Fire expansion and the later free releases have been quite excellent.

Other than that DOS:2 easily the best single player game i played. HellBlade was a work of art as well.

But i did miss TWW2 (waiting for the feral version for RL survival reasons and to support the platform) and Nier: Automata that looks great and had no time to actually play.

tbh im in a slump of not looking forward to any game anymore, every game is tainted with a bad rep or it could be advertised deceitfully and there may be some hidden feature they wont disclose that affects gameplay.

2 Likes

hard for me btween breath of the wild and pubg. oh wait are you telling me breath f the wild isnt even a option? wot

This is a good point. I don’t think I’ve paid attention to advertisements for games in years. Granted, the occasional trailer when a game is announced. The last time I really paid attention to trailers or whatever was a tech demo of Source Engine for HL2. Most recommendations I pick up are from small talk with @Ace2020boyd or other folks. I find that going into games mostly blind helps.

A lot of people really enjoy this game. I’ve nearly bought it a couple times but abandoned the cart after watching gameplay. Maybe one day I’ll pull the trigger but when I see a third person perspective and lots of fighting mechanics, I’m usually out on the game.

Sorry, breh. Breath of the Wild had me at the start but lost me after having played for 25-30 hours.

I’ve had some great fun with that game on the occasion. Mainly with friends. When I queue with myself it’s not the same…then again friends make most multiplayer games better.

Voted for the only two games I’ve played on these lists.

Both came with my GPU actually, although I wanted both of them so I’ve got that going for me, which is nice.

1 Like