L1's Garage

Pretty sure that’s how it authorizes the charger.

Very cool!
How many of those nuggets do you own?

I just wanted to share my excitement of my LED bar I installed a few months ago.
It is a “200w” unit, and it is like daylight when it turns on.

I think the finished look on my car is okay, and it does not steal all the attention.

Lastly I live in a rural area and it is so nice to see Bambi before she commits suicide in front of my car.

6 Likes

I’ve had to many so now I just keep the most unique / good condition one.
So the 4WD 88 Justy and this Alto at the moment.

I really wanted to keep the Hijet but I got screwed with the engine.
At the time I did not have time or resources to swap the engine, so I sold it…
That was a mistake.

1 Like

@PhaseLockedLoop @MCVET
Guess who got convinced.

5 Likes

Tbh, they’re not as expensive as I thought they were. Only 75% more than what I normally pay for my tires😭

1 Like

Honestly the Hankook Kinergy 4S2 H750 are almost as good for 80% of the price.
But I’m not cheaping out on tires - they are the only thing that keeps you on the road, lol.

3 Likes

Here’s the result of my escapade from this morning.

This is a repair on the tire. 2 holes filled up by a pro.
The people that are changing tires now said that they’ve never seen as ugly a repair as this.
I feel unique :heart:

4 Likes

Thots and prayers.

3 Likes

Luckily nothing bad happened. An unplanned tire change to summer ones. I was gonna do it in 2 weeks, but hey… I’m sorry to have to throw the winter ones away, since I wanted to keep them for one more season.

1 Like

That is good to hear.

Always a hassle.

I need to sell my current summer set to recoup some of the cost :joy:

1 Like

Nice. Make sure you follow air pressure to the t. The tires will get swirly if you over inflate due to the rounded contact patch

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Yeah. I find it’s best to monitor the pressure monthly on them. They diffuse less than other tires. Usually I monitor weekly

Won’t the car report insufficient pressure to you? Until now I’ve monitored pressure manually only before a longer trip.
The car itself can tell when the diameter of the wheel changes, I don’t know the threshold though.

1 Like

It does but I don’t really mind checking. I have a simple digital checker by astro AI. Takes 30 seconds

1 Like

I’ve had my winter tires on since late October and the pressure never dropped. maybe a .1 or .2 because temperatures, but never a consistent drop.
I have pressure sensors in my caps, so that helps from the monitoring point of view, since it’s checkable in the on board computer.
A rule of thumb I have is that the tires have to be correctly placed on the wheels and then the pressure is consistent. I’ve had some incompetent people put my tires on and I’ve only learned of their incompetence after I stumbled upon a great workshop that did things properly. Been sticking with them ever since, but they are pricey, I’ll tell you that…

2 Likes

Yeah tire alignment is important. You want to balance the rotational forces the best you can. That’s what the yellow and red and green dots are for

1 Like

Not just that. It’s about gluing the tire to the wheel as well. I have no idea how those people that messed it up did it, but I’m glad I found the right ones. Even if it does cost me 116 euros (20eur more expensive since october) per change…

1 Like

Uhhh tires aren’t often glued at all

Most tires in the US just have a sealed bead. We use explosive compressed air to instantly fill and seal. No old fashion bead glue required

1 Like