L1's Garage

Well due to moisture getting into the car I think its not to far of a reach that the prom or ecm is having issues. The scanner was showing 8000rpm when the car was off, everything else checks out fine. The car seems to run fine once warmed up, its just cold starting I need to give it some gas to stay running.

Also no codes when the engine is shaking at 4-500rpm is making me more sure of it.

1 Like

Does your water temp gauge accurately read? Warm-up enrichment is what usually effects this.

1 Like

Dorito engine goes brrrr

2 Likes

Yea its reading fine, really the only issue that I could see was the ecu not reading proper rpms when off. Also a VATS error but I’m just going to bypass that but it wouldn’t explain the rough idle.

FTM300

Making a power harness extension and a ground wire for the nmo mount then I’m op testing.

2 Likes

I have finally gotten a shop!!!
Due to all the faults alarms I’ve had I decided to wait until it was official to tell everyone, and now it is.

Started cleaning it and moving stuff over today.

10 Likes

Dude. Congrats!

1 Like

The final photoshoot ™

A few photos

I can’t it’s 10 years old. If anyone’s in or near San Diego and wants a low-mileage E350 Coupe, feel free to DM me.

2 Likes

Selling the old young girl?

Yeah. I bought a new car on the 21st. Still trying to get good pics of it before I say what I got.

I can’t afford to keep it on the road if it’s not my primary daily.

2 Likes

I-am very jealous!

1 Like

Got a bit more moved over today.

I was worried how well the old Dirtymax would fit, but it fits pretty easily, and there’s way more room in front of it than I expected.

I was just informed that 88 is some pro Nazi #. I didn’t know that, and I didn’t put that there. I want nothing to do with any of that.
Ugh, guess I better sand it down or paint over it.

4 Likes

Interesting as I would have assumed it was Dale Earnhardt Jr. car number. I feel like sometimes people just really stretch associations sometimes.

Congratulations on the garage tho. I am mad jealous. When I was a teenager my brother and I got to share my dads old shop and it was dope having a space to actually work on stuff.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought that too.

Totally agree.

Thank you. This has been a long time dream of mine, and though it’s a bit small I’m extremely happy to have it.

1 Like

Yep 88 = HH = Heil (well known person).
Also well known is 1488,
14 would be the ‘14 words’. If you care you can look it up.

@MisteryAngel

VW takes and L section of the video

They are not doing well at all

Also they talked about why hydrogen only works on long haul or extreme duty large vehicles

2 Likes

@SgtAwesomesauce

Its pretty cool that it handles that so intelligently

This is my environment so its nice to see it does okay

1 Like

Well yeah VAG pretty much does what they already do for years,
and that is just building cars on the same platform.
But yeah that is pretty much how all bigger car manufactures produce their car now days.

Hydrogen would work great for ships, trucks etc.
On cars it also works but it still not really efficient enough yet.
The question is of course “if” it ever might be?
I’m personally pretty convinced that a BEV is not the solution for everything.
Also Toyota and BMW are developing a Hydrogen combustion engine as well.

hehe

You just gotta admit that you like the Hindenburg.

1 Like