L1's Garage

WTF. These guys.

Teaser for the next video be like:

1 Like

Has anyone else had terrible luck with optima’s agm batteries? I’ve gone through two yellowtops in the past 18 months (both had one of the cells fail), I went back to a flooded battery and now there are no more problems.

God damn these guys are absolute goons.

1 Like

They make me cringe with how dumb they are. I try not to watch them lmao. They made some unsavory comments in earlier vids.

Good thing they are stopping at PA, if they continued into NY they’d likely be rammed off those bikes by police knowing how they operate up that way towards motorcyclists in general.

Wonder if it’s VA that they got thrown on the ground.

They picked up a killer knucklehead a while back though.

4 Likes

This kid is great.

1 Like

Yeah I like this style of videos. I ocasionally like his parody characters, but the last 3 have been parody characters. Kinda a breath of fresh air

1 Like

So I got the car from the garage…
There are 2 things that will walk on my nerves for a bit…

1. The clutch pedal is creaking… The pedal itself. Other than that it functions fine. It just creaks…
  2. When I turn on the headlights the dash goes absolutely off… I mean when I give turn signals it works fine, but the odometer and all that jazz is completely off. My dad have RAV4. That car have a knob that sets the dash backlight to different settings. Mine doesn’t have that thing.

Anybody have any ideas where can I set this thing?

1: Probably the gear linkage mechanism that could use some grease

Are you sure your Corrola doesn´t have such a knob?
Because i think that most of them actually have.
It should be on the dash left next to the steering wheel where also the mirror controls are.
I think it´s a little turning wheel.

1 Like

Yup.
I checked, my dad checked, the guy that worked on it checked. We couldn’t find it.

I know. The dash is similar to my dad’s RAV4. He showed me his. There is nothing where mine should be.

Yup… That’s what my dad have.

Sometimes its an obscure sleeve on the signal or wiper arm that can be moved accidentally.

1 Like

I checked those as well.
It’s not there either.

Honestly, I am thinking it may be an internal knob somewhere in the dash and once you set it there is no easy way to change it.
But I could be wrong…

Some of the vehicles I own the dash lights are controlled by twisting the headlight on/off button.

2 Likes

Ok, but when I turn the headlights on the dash goes off… I don’t want it to go off…

Are the headlights factory? For instance my dash lights will dim a bit when I turn on my headlights because of power draw.

1 Like

I think so. There are no mods to the car, so I guess everything is factory.

I want the dash to dim. It goes absolutely off.

Other than a bad dimmer switch, or a fuse I’m not entirely sure.

1 Like

My guess is it can’t be a fuse. In that case the entire dash would be off… The turn signals are working fine.

What year and make and model?

1 Like

On most of the (90s-2010ish) Toyotas I’ve seen, there’s a little black stick in the dashboard which is a combination button/knob. This can be twisted to adjust the amount of dimming, and can be pressed to toggle dim or fully bright.

2 Likes