L1's Garage

LMAO what article is that?

Gosh I was waiting :joy:. I was like is someone seriously not going to divide 442/4? Anybody :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah dude thats fucking crazy

2 Likes

GG EZ

sentence

1 Like
1 Like

This thing really does tick a lot of boxes. I may try to pick one up in a year or two once some of the leasers start to give em up. I’m sure I could find one.

3 Likes

The Mercedes A45 AMG and Audi RS3 are probably the coolest hot hatches atm.

The Audi RS3 is the last car that comes with a 5 cilinder about 400HP.
The A45 is faster but doesn´t sound as good.

its wayyy more refined though. Heard the shifts are not as responsive in teh S3. Sounds amazing though for the displacement

Yeah i meant the RS3 but the A45 is a better package.
However in my opinion the Ford Focus RS is a cooler package at a better price.
Of course it´s not as powerfull as the A45 AMG however it’s more hardcore and manual.

So stock for stock sure.

RS is much more tuned out on the aftermarket. Change the old headgasket for the 2.3 out for the new design. In fact I would go to mahle and get the titanium gasket and ORING the heads plus studding it with heavier duty studs from ARP.

Anyways the A45 is designed for the street. Ford stated the RS is a capable street car designed for the rally car scene (off road) and it can handle that well surprisingly with the 18 inch wheels (not the 20s)

Plus who doesnt love that classic hatch look

People apparently on the aftermarket are getting 650rwhp and 550 rwhp with it after tuning and a few upgrades. Most say ford was way to conservative with the stock tuning. Lots of people on the aftermarket take pride in it because to them its the American legacy. This ultimately perfectly falls in line with the ford narrative. You will build to win even if it has to be a scrappy shit box

I mean MCM loves the RS sooooo

He totally BTFOs the people complaining about open deck. He was like there are loads of epic open deck builds. Plenty of racers out there using them. This is a non issue of course those risks are inherent to a lot of cars on the edge of the limit

Well the Focus RS for way less then half the price “new” of the A45 or RS3,
back in the day was a no brainer really.
Not sure if Ford comes with a new one.

1 Like

hard to do these days. People have lost the combustion engine vibes. electric and the electric performance curve is the new OMG max fun machine.

Yeah the electrification is probably the end of the hot hatch era as we know it.

That and ford is focusing on

and the Bronco …

which is one ridiculous offroad vehicle (where combustion will remain for a while)

Nah dont spin it like that. Its the dawn of a new kind of hatch… the electric hot hatch… We should call it the spark hatch :joy:

Well the problem with EV is obvious weight.
It will never really be a hot hatch as we know it imo.

mmmm lets think about that. as long as the center of gravity is low… more weight may not be all that bad especially given the power of the electric motor. It might be a bit more tanky sure but I bet that would be fun.

IDK maybe if battery tech leaps forward and gets much lighter that it will be easier to mimic the old fun. But the new fun has a different thrill. Embrace it. Its actually kind of fun

Well yeah maybe, but i don´t really see a solution for the weight any time soon.
Of course it mostly sits between the axels so in that regards,
the weight distribution is still okay.
But yeah it don´t think it will every be as dynamic as a current hot hatch.

yeah you wont have the sound. Thats a dimension ill miss.

My favorite sound is not the noise of a hot hatch but rather a well tuned ultra deep burly v8 exhaust note

Like this (timestamped 148 seconds in)

My Spark EV weighed 600lbs less than a Focus RS, was lighter than a Focus ST, and would beat stock Ford Fiesta ST, Fiat 500 Abarth and auto BRZ all day every day. It would beat some Focus ST, but if they knew how to drive and took me serious then I’d lose.

I considered my Spark a hot hatch.

2 Likes

it can, you just have to scale everything up. Contact patch, power etc.

The problem with heavy ICE vehicles is the CG, if you keep the battery under the floor, it’ll be a really low CG.

1 Like

Mistery just doesnt want to accept electric is awesome :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes