L1's Garage

Little sound for you. Not too bad for a v6.

We have additional tax on new cars,
which makes our country unique in europe.

1 Like

I’d be weary of this. Switches were proven to break more on cars than the electronic control. Like a couple are broke on my car. The rotary dials are the worst offenders

your car has 400k miles dude. you really think a touchscreen wouldn’t break in that amount of time?

1 Like

Yeah but you can replace that.
I mean a multimedia system that packs all basic controls of the cars as well,
will at some point run out of updates and support.
And i don´t think that those screens age very well particularly.

1 Like

You got me there. Damn. I don’t have a good reply either

No clue. Guess we will find out on a couple parent vehicles

Speaking of touch screen. The F150 Lightning is huuuggeee

I knew you wouldn’t :grin:

1 Like

Wipe that shit eating grin off your face :joy:

All I will say is though… People are keeping their cars less and less now. They are leasing a lot too. I think that’s contributing to the trend of disposability or all in one unit replacement …

If they made them right to repair friendly and you could replace the whole touch unit. Would it be an issue other than expense?

Its what we do with military touch screens. I developed a quick disconnect housing for commercial off the shelf ones. And we just plug and play

Saved the tax payer millions. I consider that an achievement in my tenure

1 Like

Well yeah most people can’t really buy a new car.
So leasing is indeed a very large part of the new car sales market.

1 Like

I think most people can. They would be surprised.

People are just lazy and consumers are even worse than that

I’ve done a lot of calculations. A college kid can afford a car payment.

People also make very poor decisions with money. Bad priorities

Like buying new cars

3 Likes

That’s not necessarily a bad decision. If your looking for a car with a perfectly clean record and depending on your monetary situation.

There’s arguments to both sides. I personally sit on the side of used cars but new cars aren’t without advantages

I hate this giant screen trend.

or buying old ones. :troll:

3 Likes

Ehh the ford one seems actually useful. Also the front laptop deck is cool in how it transforms. That might be something that breaks though

Screens are fine as long as they used for multimedia only.

1 Like

I guess the bright side about a touch screen car with an app is that via Bluetooth you can connect and change the climate controls haha

Idk maybe it needs maturity.

Nope. Definitely a thing in Norway too.

When buying a new car there are taxes for the weight of the car, Co2-emissions, NOx-emissions, displacement and in some cases the power of the engine.

1 Like

so does the etron gt and eqs one. doesn’t make it good. It’s ugly and prone to breakage and it takes the lifecycle of a car from 15 years to 5.

1 Like

Wasn’t the consumer life cycle already less than 8 in $current_years?

I mean look we are all autists here and want to keep our cars forever so we end up in analysis paralysis on the choice

But seriously. The average person does not care. Consider the average apple person who buys a car. I bet this is so low on their priority list its not even funny. Add to this that they probably make up the average customer base and you see exactly where this is going.