L1's Garage

antlers, close enough.

it was a little doe, maybe a few months old.

RIP new helmet time.

Helmet didn’t even get so much as scratched lol. my shoulder took the brunt when I went down in this guys yard, which thankfully was nice and soft from springtime rain.

Not worth the risk imo, but its up to you.

1 Like

Got myself an XR2 MK2 1988.
Its fully XR2 rebuild on a 1.1 chassis down to the litle rearview mirror clock.
Sound like the engine has a collapsed lifter and smokes like bad valvestem seals.
Not strange as the donor xr2 had been standing still for unknown years.
The previous owner did the build previous year and has only driven 50km since.
So after driving it 170km’s i-am going to fix it before driving any further.

(pictures from previous owner made last year)

It’s still got many weekend projects but it is a fairly solid build.
I also found this streetview picture

3 Likes

My old baby. In the family since 1999…99 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 with 312,000 plus miles and going STRONG when I sold it. I had updated it with the new stereo (A super one with component speakers, JL sub in custom box etc) with a touch screen and a backup camera. I also updated all the lights with HID and LED lamps.

4 Likes

You okay? 35mph is nothing to sneeze at.

I feel like a microwaved cat turd but I’m well enough that I’m literally going to spend all night tonight working on my bike.

I need to strip off everything that is broken, loosen all bolts on the engine and forks and retorque then measure everything to make sure nothing critical is bent.

3 Likes

That’s what really matter I guess. Also hope the bikes frame is staight and not cracked.

Damn sweet crash. Its good your okay. Bet you felt that in the morning.

I remember when I avoided a dear on the DRZ and the bike went up the tree while I planted right into it. Came out with some scratches. Felt great! Lol

So I’m going to be ceramic coating my 400k mile focus after some self paint polish correction

This will be a learning application but who wants to see what a ceramic coat can do to old paint? Heard it can work some wonders … If properly cured and applied

If I mess it up oh well. I learn for when I get a new vehicle

1 Like

Going 25 ft up a tree isn’t either (see above). I imagine the pain is similar. I think he might have slowed down to 20 before any loss of control. Pretty sure he’s okay if he’s posting lol and getting to the repairs

Its definitely one of those firmly planted in your memory moments lol

with my 80’s cars
Taking them for a hand wash and a quick polish and then waxing makes all the difference in the world.
For plastics (also interior) i’d really recommend ‘Turtle Wax Tyre & Bumper Gel’ after using this a 3rd time it really seems to have done something positive to the plastic and lasts where others just wash off.

I’ve also tried chinese claybar. Would recommend using a claybar but not the chinese one’s (hard blue).
Using a claybar really makes the paint glow.

I-am curious about the ceramic coating. please post updates.

1 Like

Went to the garage today in regards to error lights.
I also encountered an issue with the cruise control.
So they hook up the computer to read out the motor management system,
there were several error messages.
So they firstly did a re-set, but after a few hundred meters of driving the error light an massage came back again.
So they hooked up the computer again and now they found an error code which i already kinda suspected.
It turns out the clutch pedal position sensor is likely failing.
So that is scheduled for replacement next week.

Fingers crossed that it actually fixes the problem. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I hope so, without the code itself hard to tell.

That would make sense though. The cruise control needs to know if you press the clutch to disengage so you can control the car manually.

Brake pedal switch is another common one.

1 Like

Everything I’ve seen I’d that after it bonds it really just adds a lot of gloss and a ton of water beading.

So I’m curious what it will do to a 400000 mile no major break down Ford … With some paint wear

@Big_Al_Tech just found out my step dad got a Vette in white just like yours. He wants to lower it and put bronze wheels on it lol

1 Like

Yea I’m going to be getting some coilovers for mine so I can customize height adjustment. Bronze wheels would be a nice look (hides the brake dust build up).

3 Likes

Fix your state ranr incoming

Idaho. The only son of a cunt excuse for a bullshit red state. They are red and libertarian in a the most galactic cluster sized brainlette ways. I’ve driven to fucking brainlet Texas. All the way… All over. To cancer California… The only place in the entire stupid fucking west… Where a commercial truck particularly one where rocks or potatoes and dirt and involved can run untarped.

Stupid. Pure stupid. Stop spending time regulating abortion and drugs and start fixing your god damn CDL and road laws you stupid sons of bitches.

That truck never would have had all that blown over to fuck 20 cars. I literally stopped to help because someone actually had one through his fucking windshield. Thank god nobody was in the passenger seat

I hope someone caught the plate.

What’s it going to take to make useful laws such as requiring mudflaps and covering fucking dump load trucks etc?

Seriously I’m at a loss that’s it legal to operate a truck that way. Hell even when I was in Alaska trucks were fucking covered

I would say something twice as harsh but it would actually be bad enough for the system to flag :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

65 dollars again… (Diy the good stuff not the 9 dollar stuff)

Stupid pinche pendejos :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I literally just ceramic’d and fixed a ton of shit on this car.

I’m going to the bar. Fuck it :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like