L1's Garage

Yeah got myself some new tires today. :smiley:

Kleber Dynaxer HP4, the most comfy and silent tire i have ever experienced.
They are a sub brand of Michelin.

1 Like

Make sure you check your local parts stores (Napa, O’Reilly, Advance Auto, etc) for their prices and not Amazon or eBay for comparison. Almost all of the indepents local to me get parts either from a dealership or one of the chain stores, and those are almost always noticeably higher than what I can find with a quick internet search. I saved myself significant $$$ the last time I had major work on a car simply by sourcing the parts myself.

2 Likes

I find you really dont want the cheapest part they are that cheap for a reason. I usually go up a few from the bottom if I am going to cheap out on no name brand.

1 Like

Definitely agree, the same counts for tires pretty much.
Kleber was a bit more expensive then asia tires like Maxxis, Nexxen, Hifly, Toyo etc.
But they are European made in the same factory as Michelin.

I generally recommend to go second cheapest at the lowest, with the exception of finding a brand you trust that happens to be on sale or whatever.

But like when I was doing brakes on my previous car I got Bosch rotors and Akebono OEM pads for less money than getting the generic equivalents from a parts store. Or my current car I found Subaru OEM filters for less than the parts store filters. Oil is $6 cheaper at Home Depot than the same brand (Pennzoil Platinum 0W20 Synthetic) at the parts stores.

If you know what you’re looking for you can save good money.

1 Like

Usually not a good deal unless you need it NOW

Yep, that’s why I was recommending to Otter to make sure to compare prices with the parts store and not Amazon or eBay since the parts store is probably where the shop got the struts from. Pricing might make more sense then.

Nope :confused: Literally no snow here. I wonder if it was just a defect that rotted away over time. My tires seem like they have a decent amount of clearance with the new ones, so unless the last owner was driving on a flat or with the alignment way off or something I’m not sure how that would have rubbed it.

Ah, that would make more sense then. I’m looking at like Amazon and CarID.

Still on jack stands because my jeep is being a cunt, in the middle of installing a 4.5" long arm lift.

@TeckMonster, fucking captured nuts broke loose, might have to disect the floor.

4 Likes

Yeah thats how the Cherokees normally are a complete pain in the ass

This is my 3rd, i already knew. Honestly i was looking for anything but a cherokee but toyotas are way over priced and this one was a steal.

2 Likes

Yeah all of that the price of wranglers and the fact i can fit 2 sxs on my 20 ft trailer is why i have a sxs instead of a jeep. Although heat and ac are something i often miss.

1 Like

Im going for camping and road trips/trails, jeeps is probably a little overbuilt but meh.

2 Likes

Soon™

3 Likes

Want mine?

2 Likes

Could work as an oil cooler… maybe.

3 Likes

Pressure rating :wink:

2 Likes

I-am so jealous!
I love it! Please post mods n stuff

1 Like

Hmmm, I figure these would probably be good for 60psi…

Nevermind, 1 bar. 14.5psi

So I think I found the source of the rubbing. Not sure why they just left it there after installing the new shocks. I wouldn’t expect it to be done for free, but they didn’t even tell me about it. Which is really annoying, seeing as how it’s right in front of the technician’s fucking face.

5 Likes