L1's Garage

Haha. I was wondering how a boost gauge would help you on your NA Miata.

Kinda figured you meant to reply to somebody else.

1 Like

Just to be sure I don’t have a turbo hiding in there somewhere.

1 Like

So… supercharger?

Decided against it because it’s too expensive. You can get more performance out of a cheaper turbo. If you wanna go SC, you need to spend like 5k or fabricate yourself.

They don’t sell the MP62 anymore and the replacement (TVS900) is freaking $2400.

Didn’t realize it was weekend/racecar. Makes sense then.

1 Like

I saw a 1983 Honda Civic on Craigslist today.

2 Likes

I love those things. My father had a few of those Civic wagons, and they got 40mpg. There’s a hatchback version that gets 60mpg.

Damn, that’s some serious fuel economy.

That said, it makes sense for a vehicle with handlebars.

1 Like

Says the guy with the Miata.

2 Likes

Because Mazda makes motorcycles

1 Like

touche

1 Like

I hope to take a look at this soon, most likely not happening though (my dad took the pic and he’s incompetent w/ a camera)
It’s a Vega wagon converted to a pickup

1 Like

my A->B mobile. front bumper cover needs to be replaced, and its got a few rust holes in the rocker panels, but otherwise, works real nice. if you are careful of the transmission… just had it rebuilt…

2 Likes

I think that thing is super cool.
What would be some of the first things you do if you get it?
I’d weld the diff and drift it.

I’ve considered turning my wagon into a truck a few times, but I’d have to get a welder first.

My parents recently bought a 2013 Dodge Caravan. And get this it has 283 hp @ 6,350 rpm… Like what!? It’s minivan with almost 300hp and Peak power doesn’t even hit until you pass 6K RPM (Redline 6.5k), it’s really weird… But I kinda like it haha.

2 Likes

Probably fix the rust, haven’t nhad a chance to look at it properly yet

Not a drift fan personally, maybe a rally look

1 Like

I picked up a used Snapon truck for $1,000.00, yes it runs…and stops too;

Unfortunately the decals will have to come off. I’m going to use it for my business- renovation/construction

4 Likes

That’s pretty rad!

Yeh, it should work really well for me. All the black lines on the ceiling are small bungee cords where you can store small hand tools. There was a lot of work put into that interior.

2 Likes

The trade school student rape van. Otherwise known as the snap on truck. By the way. Can I buy the motor off of you if it is a Cummins 4bt?